Chapter 19: The End

Beth's legs gave out from under her as she reappeared in the new room. She quickly scrambled back on her feet and pointed her wand into the room. It was completely dark and empty, with only one door a few meters away from her. 

She wasn't sure if this would be the door to the exit or to victory. All she could do is step forward and find out. Her hands were sweating and shaking, her heart was still pounding loudly in her chest.

There was nothing else to do, she convinced herself, and opened the door. The room behind it was circular. In the middle stood a sword. It was old and rusty, and definitely had not been used in ages. She had made it, this was the end. 

The room had several more doors to it, all could lead to the room she was now in. They were all still locked, she was the first to have reached this. 

She couldn't help but feel that this had to be another test. It was far too simple to just touch the sword. She took a few steps forward, a purple and blue light started shining on the sword. The light painfully reflected against the blade into her eyes. She was so focused on the sword, that she did not hear the door behind her opening up. 

"Impedimenta!" Cephas cried. Beth was hit on her right shoulder by the spell. Cephas was a powerful wizard, that much was clear. The sheer force of the spell knocked her so far back that she hit the wall behind her. Her head made contact with the bricks, and she blacked out.