Chapter 6 Astrid's Day Off

The next day Astrid and Bella are given the option to go to school by their father. Bella tells Charlie that she has a field trip that day so she's going to go ahead and go, while Astrid decides she's going to stay home. She's not in the mood to answer any more questions from Emmett. Astrid sleeps in then gets up around noon, makes herself a sandwich for lunch, watches a little TV, and then decides to clean the house. Once that is done, Astrid goes down to the basement and works out.

Astrid has the music on full blast and is lifting weights when she when she hears the doorbell ring. Sighing she grabs a towel to wipe the sweat off of her and goes to answer the door. Astrid opens and is surprised to find Emmett standing there.

"What are you doing here, why aren't you at school?"

"Senior Ditch Day, why aren't you at school?"

"My dad gave Bella and me the option of not going after what happened yesterday, so I decided to stay home."

"And Bella?"

"She went to school, she had a field trip today, how did you know I was here?"

"Edward told me he didn't see you at school today."

"And what you were worried?"

"No, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for you to continue our conversation."

"I really don't think we have anything to discuss, I've already told you that I've fought bigger guys than you what else do you want to know?"

"Why do you fight guys bigger than you?"

"Astrid smirks, "Because I like the challenge of kicking the shit out of people, it appeals to something in my blood."

Emmett crosses his arms, "You're a vicious little thing aren't you?"

"Damn right and don't you forget it. Now if you don't mind I was in the middle of my workout."

"Want some company?"

Astrid looks Emmett up and down, You gonna work out in jeans?"

"I have my gym stuff in my Jeep."

Astrid shrugs, "Yeah sure, grab your stuff, the bathroom's upstairs, I'll be in the basement. Shut the door when you come back."

She didn't wait for Emmett to reply, she just went back in the house and down into the basement. Emmett smiles, he didn't actually have any clothes with him so he quickly ran home grabbed some gym clothes and ran back before Astrid noticed he was gone. He then went upstairs to the bathroom and changed. When he went downstairs to the basement, Emmett could hear hard rock music blasting through the speakers. He stopped short when he saw Astrid doing dumbbell bench presses with 50 lb weights. She hadn't even broken a sweat yet.

When Astrid finished her set, she put the weights down and sat up, "So are you just gonna stand there or what?" She asked him.

"Do you always work out with such heavyweights?"

"Do you always ask so many questions?"

"I just want to get to know you more, that's all."

"Why?"

"I find you interesting, I've never met a girl like you."

"Of course you haven't, I just moved here," Astrid said with a smirk.

Emmett throws his head back and lets out a booming laugh.

"You're something else, Swan."

"Why, thank you, Cullen. So do you want to lift weights or do something else?"

"Let's do something else."

"Great, want to spar? I haven't had a good sparring partner, in a while."

"Spar, really?"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'll take it easy on you."

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, look I have all the equipment we'll need."

Astrid went and got her equipment and came back. Emmett raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

"What are you, training to be an MMA fighter?"

Astrid smirked, "Nah, too tame. I prefer sword fighting, but I don't think you know how to do that."

"Sword fighting?"

"Uh huh, it's fun."

"Sounds dangerous."

"Like I said, fun. Okay, are we going to do this or what?

"Yeah, I guess."

Emmett reached down and started putting on the headgear, and shin guards, He started wrapping his hands then he put on the MMA gloves. He knew Astrid couldn't hurt him, but he needed to look the part, and he didn't want her to hurt herself.

While Emmett was putting on his equipment, Astrid was doing the same thing. When they were finished, the stepped onto the mat.

"Ready?" Astrid asked.

Emmett put in his mouth guard and nodded. He wasn't expecting Astrid to kick him in the face with such force that his head whipped back. He looked at her surprised.

Astrid smiled, "You okay there, Emmett?"

He nodded then threw a punch hitting her in the face, Astrid frowned.

"What," Emmett asked.

"You're pulling your punches."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"Come on, Emmett, I can take it."

She tried to kick him again, but he blocked. Emmett tried to punch her again but Astrid blocked. She swept his leg out from under him causing him to hit the mat hard. Emmett reached out and grabbed her foot, pulling it out from under her making her fall on top of him. She rolled off him and got to her feet, Emmett did the same and they squared off again. They circled each other then Emmett took her down with a double leg takedown. Her back hit the mat again, and Emmett pinned her.

Astrid struggled to get up, but Emmett pinned her arms down and used his leg to hold her still. He waited for her to stop struggling then let go of her hands.

Emmett took his mouth guard out, and smiled, "Give up?"

Astrid continued to struggle, she turned her head and spit out her mouth guard, "Never!"

Astrid kept bucking her hips trying to dislodge Emmett, but he wouldn't budge. As a matter of fact, all her bucking was causing a problem for Emmett. Astrid stilled when she felt his hard member pressing against her. Emmett stared at Astrid then took off her headgear, Her hair was messed up and she was sweaty, but to Emmett, she looked incredible.

Emmett leaned closer to her, his lips almost touching hers. Then he whispered, "Do you give up?"

Astrid stared at him, her eyes flashed down to his lips and back up to his amber eyes. Astrid swallowed thickly then licked her lips.

"Yes."

The minute those words came out of her mouth, Emmett crashed his lips against hers. Astrid's eyes widened when they closed as she kissed him back. Emmett let go of her hands and wrapped his arms around her. Suddenly the pin was reversed and Emmett found himself on his back with Astrid hovering over him.

"Don't ever kiss me like that again," Astrid said then she leaned down and kissed him hard.

Before Emmett could kiss her back, Astrid pulled away and stood up.

"I think we're done for the day. You can go home now, Emmett." Astrid said as she walked out of the basement.

Emmett just laid there stunned. He suddenly started laughing and sat up.

"Oh, I want her." He said as he got up and made his way after Astrid.