Chapter 73

I stood there, still. I actually had no idea how I was supposed to respond to this.
Golden moon pack? The same pack I'm from?
My Golden moon pack?

How was this even possible? I thought everyone died in the fire.
And even if someone did survive, what will they be doing here of all places?
At this time?
What's even going on?

"Where is she being held?" Damon spoke after a momentary shock I suppose.

"Interrogation room, L2-underground." Marcus replied.
Then Damon nodded at him dismissing him.
He nodded 'Alpha' 'Luna' and left.
I still wasn't used to that title but I didn't have it in me to be perturbed by that fact, I had more pressing things on my mind.

We stood there in heavy silence.
Very heavy.

I didn't even know what to think.
An elderly woman from my pack.
She was from Golden Moon pack? My pack? Is she sure?
My mind had been closed off to the fact that I could ever see anyone from my birth pack, because I thought I'd been the only one left.
But was I really?

I turned to look at Damon. He was looking straight into the woods with a tight jaw. Probably lost in his mind.
I couldn't feel where exactly his thoughts were, but I'm sure he was in as much shock as I was.
He was doing his very best to keep me out of his head.

He has been ever since I marked him. I can feel more of him now, but not as much as I should, simply because he's upped his effort at keeping me out of some of the deeper parts of his mind.
He still stood there, staring straight ahead, very still.
For a moment it seemed as though he wasn't even breathing, so focused was he.

"I thought they all died." I murmured watching his reaction closely.

"I thought so too." He responded slowly, still looking straight ahead as if he was thinking of a thousand things right now. Which he probably was.

"What are you going to do now?" I asked him.
This time he turned to face me.

"I'm going to find out who she is, what her mission was and... send her on her way." I looked at him a bit quizzically.
Was he really going to send her on her way?
The way his face was dead set told me otherwise.
The way he said 'on her way' sounded a bit suspicious to me.
He didn't like intruders.

"I'm leaving, please don't follow me."
"Of course." I answered him.
For a moment he seemed a bit taken aback by my prompt compliance, but he either shrugged it off or he didn't have much time to really think about it and then left me standing there alone.

Obviously I wasn't going to follow him.

I could find my own way there.
L2-underground right? Shouldn't be so hard.

I wasn't going to miss this opportunity to see this woman. If she really is from my pack... there is so much that I want to know.

I'm going to see her.
Thoughts of Evelyn already faded to the far recesses of my mind.

*****

As you all know, due to my highly attuned senses and my excellent coordination I obviously got lost.
The place was so big that you would need a full month tour of this place.

I walked a bit and I had absolutely no idea where I was heading to. Damon left so quickly that I didn't even have the chance to see which direction he went in.

Asking for directions wouldn't really help either, in case they refused. So I just asked them to take me there. Politely.

Please always works.

Really?

Absolutely. That with a Luna's command.

*****