95

WALKER SNARLS FILL the once silent atmosphere as Aria quietly follows Negan outside

WALKER SNARLS FILL the once silent atmosphere as Aria quietly follows Negan outside. Apparently, they had raided another place and Negan wants Aria to see what they do. She shoves a fallen piece of hair out of her face, her eyes scanning over the group of men as they all crowd around the box truck.

Aria winces as she hears glass shattering and a man let out a few choice of words. Before Aria can crane her neck to see what happened, gunshots begin firing loudly and Aria dunks down, her heart rate speeding up. Did her group come to save her and Daryl? She truly hopes so. She stands to her feet as she watches a few men fall out of the truck, blood filling the ground. "Stay back! Drop your weapons." Aria perks up at the sound of Carl's voice, only for the hope to die down once she sees he's alone.

"I only want Negan. No one else needs to die." Negan begins whistling and he walks forward, motioning for Aria to follow him, which she reluctantly does. "Damn. You are adorable!" Aria sends the teenager a pointed look, disappointment evident in her eyes. She doesn't want him to die, she doesn't want anyone else to die.

"Did you pick that gun 'cause it looks cool?" Negan pulls Aria in front of him and her mouth falls open, shock covering her features. Dickhead. She thinks to herself, her eyes rolling.

"You totally did, right?" Aria stares at the gun, eyes narrowing. She hopes Carl doesn't pull that trigger, if he does, she's a goner. "Kid, I ain't gonna lieyou scare the shit outta me." Negan admits, his hand still settled on Aria's shoulder to keep her in place. A man advances forward, only to get shot down by Carl. Aria feels herself being pushed to another guy and his grip tightens around her as she thrashes around, Carl getting tackled by Dwight.

"Get off him!" Aria yells at Dwight, eyes full of anger and panic. She can't let Carl get shot, she's not going to let it happen. Growling lowly, Aria swings her elbow back, the strong bone connecting with the nose of the man behind her. His grip loosens and Aria rushes forward, her foot connecting with the rib of Dwight. Aria bends over and pushes Dwight's body off of Carl before straddling the man, her eyes narrowed down at the blonde.

She can feel the anger pulsing through her veins like venom and all she can see is red.

"You put your hands on him again — i'll fucking kill you." It's funny how she'd do anything to protect her group. When it comes to her group, she can kill someone for them, the quiet girl is thrown out of the window and replaced with a fierce woman. "God damn it, Aria!" Negan exclaims, staring down at the woman as she continues to glare down at the man under her. "Get off Dwight!" Aria clenches her jaw before standing up off the man, her hands dusting off her pants.

"That isn't any way to treat our new guest."

♚ ♛

Aria watches in shock as everyone below them kneel down. They treat Negan likes he some kind of king. Its disgusting in Aria's eyes. Praising a man who beats his victims to death with a bat wrapped in barbed wire. He's just as bad as the walkers outside these fences.

"The Saviors have gone out into the world and fought the dead and come back with some really good stuff." Negan glances behind him, sending a flirty wink Aria's way, which causes her to back away in distaste. "Some of that stuff can be yours, if you work hard and play by the rules. Today, everyone gets fresh vegetables at dinner. No points needed." Aria's eyebrows pinch together as something dawns on her; Negan is just like Dawn, except eviler. They both have people work for them to earn points.

Negan walks away, leaving Aria and Carl to stare down at the crowd in shock. "Why'd you risk your life coming here?" Aria utters, her eyes darting around for any sign of Negan. Carl glances over at Aria, a small sigh escaping his lips. "Why'd you attack Dwight and risk your life and your baby's life?" Aria frowns at the question, her body turning towards Carl. "Because I wasn't going to let him hurt you. I would do anything for our group."

"There's your answer."

Aria gazes around the room, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Who are these females and why are they all dressed in black dresses? Aria glances down at her own attire, her insecurities resurfacing. They all look like models in the middle of an apocalypse while she looks like a hobo. Her black t-shirt has stopped swaying, now that she is sat still and her dark jeans hug her legs. She wishes she could be beautiful like they are, but she's not. She's just plain, old Aria.

"Ladies don't mind the kid." Aria's lips purse as she shifts all her weight onto one leg, the stares from the women making her uncomfortable. "I know. Every woman where you're from dresses like they do the books at an auto shop. You're gonna want to look at their titties. It's cool, I won't mind. They won't mind. Knock yourself out." Aria sends a harsh glare over towards Negan.

"You're gross. He's a teenager, these are grown women." Aria snaps at him, stepping in front of Carl to block his line of sight; despite Carl being 2 inches taller than her. Carl has already witness people killing each other and dead people walking, he doesn't have to learn about sex right now. "Make yourself comfortable, kid." Negan utters before walking off after a woman. I wanna jab him in his throat. Aria thinks to herself, her glare settled on his back.

Aria and Carl stand uncomfortably in front of the women, tension in the air. Aria's eyes trail over to Negan and the woman, her eyes squinting as she tries to figure out what's happening. Whatever's going on, Negan's enjoying it because of the cheeky smile fixated on his stupid face.

He walks past Aria and Carl, heading towards a young blonde. She feels bad for the female, the poor girl has to deal with Negan, that's a work itself. After a few moments of deafening silence, Negan kisses the blonde on the forehead, causing Aria to scrunch her face up in confusion and disgust. Are all of these women his wives? Aria asks herself, arms crossing over her chest. Having a spouse is supposed to be a special thing. You're only destined to have one spouse, this whole thing saddens Aria. Negan will never know what it's like to be loved, Aria didn't either. She feels for him because these ladies don't love him, she can see it in their eyes, it's obvious.

"Aria, come 'ere." Aria shakes her head, not wanting to leave Carl in fear that something may happen. "Go, before something happens." Carl whispers from behind her and Aria takes a small step forward, eyes full of fear. She's not sure what's about to happen, she doesn't want to be in this position. Just as she makes it towards the pair, Negan smashes his lips against Aria's.

Footsteps walk into the room as Aria pushes against Negan's chest, disgust evident on her face. Once Negan pulls away, Aria's hand connects with his cheek, the slap echoing through the room. A few gasps sound around the room as Aria takes a step away from Negan, tears welling up in her eyes as fear takes over her body.

She spins around, only to be met with the sight of a heartbroken Daryl and it occurs to her.

She just cheated on Daryl.

A U T H O R
okay but like, carl and aria? what do you think? friendship goals?

do you think that would be considered cheating?