{47} ENDLESS TEASING AND LIMITLESS LOVE {47}

PRETTY PLEASE WITH A CHERRY ON TOP READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE WHEN YOU FINISH READING!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, 8-29-18

After three months of freedom, the end of all that was good had came. It was the first day of our junior year in high school, and I was not okay with it. Not that I didn't like school. I think that school is very important, because Annabeth thinks that school is very important. But I was bummed to see what was essentially the best summer of my life fade into another dragging school year.

I guess that I was afraid to let all of the progress that had occurred during the summer. I made a lot of new friends and strengthened bonds at Camp Half-Blood, I got an amazing girlfriend who I loved and loved me back, and I had reunited some members of my family. Would all of that change with the start of a new year?

An incessant beeping startled me out of my thoughts. I had forgotten about the horrors of alarm clocks. Groaning, I rubbed my tired face and shut off the noise. I sat up and struggled to leave my warm covers. Eventually, I stood up and went over to my dresser to grab some clothes.

I threw on my favorite Led Zeppelin tee shirt and a pair of tan shorts, straightened my hair out a bit, and ran out of my room to the kitchen.

"Hey there, Percy," Paul greeted.

"Hi," I said groggily. "What's Mom doing?"

He smiled sympathetically. "She's pretty tired. The last few nights she's been staying up late working on some edits for her novel. I told her I would send you off this morning, if that's alright."

I nodded. "That's fine, I was just wondering."

"So, I may not be as good of a cook as Sally, but I whipped up some scrambled eggs and toast. How's that sound?"

I smiled. "Sounds great, Paul," I told him genuinely, sitting down at the table. "Thank you."

He grinned. "Of course. So, how are you feeling about today?"

"Oh boy, don't get me started." I rolled my eyes. "I really don't want to go to school. I mean, no offense though."

Paul chuckled. "I get it. I actually hated school as a teenager, yet I still became a teacher."

I raised an eyebrow, biting into my toast skeptically. "Really?"

He nodded. "I figured I might as well teach people correctly, seeing as I didn't enjoy my experience. Tell me though, do you at least tolerate my class?"

I laughed. "Yeah, it's not as much of a torture session as...oh, let's say algebra."

He pretended to throw up, making me laugh. I was glad to have as cool of a stepdad as Paul.

After I ate my breakfast, I washed up my dishes and thanked him again. Then I rushed back to my room to gather my things. I swung my heavy backpack over my shoulder, grabbed my phone, and bolted for the door.

"Bye guys!" I called, exiting the door.

Next stop, the Chase residence. Then, Hades - er, sorry, I meant school.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I can't wait for the last day of school," Rachel groaned, flopping onto her back.

I laughed, sitting down on the grass. "Rache, it's only the first day."

She raised a thin eyebrow. "And? That's still too many in my opinion."