CHAPTER FOUR ━ BIG FAN OF YOURS. REALLY.

(chapter four.) big fan of yours. really.
❝ WELL, IT WOULD IF YOU WERE SMARTER. ❞

 ❞

THE HARGREEVES AND POET WERE ALL WATCHING THE KID MAKE himself something to eat.

"What's the date?" He asked, walking away to grab a bag of bread. "The exact date."

"The 24th," Poet answered, staring at the boy, who looked at her with such an awe look. She furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Allison, who shrugged in response.

"Of what?" Number Five questioned, looking away from the girl. Poet felt Klaus reach for her hand, taking off some rings from some of her fingers. She watched him place them on his own fingers, showing it off to Poet.

"March," Vanya said.

"Good."

"So," Luther started. "Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" Number Five ignored him, looking down at the bread as he placed four pieces neatly on the cutting board. Poet sighed, checking the time on her watch. Luther stood up. "It's been seventeen years."

"It's been a lot longer than that," Number Five glared at him, standing in front of him. Poet cleared her throat quietly to surpress the laugh wanting to escape her throat. She stopped, though, when she saw that Number Five wasn't in front of him, but rather behind him, reaching for something on a shelf.

"I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego questioned.

"The future," Number Five answered, "It's shit, by the way."

"Called it."

"I should've listened to the old man," he continued, opening the fridge. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." He looked at Klaus. "Nice dress."

"Oh, well, danke," Klaus said.

"Wait," Vanya spoke. "How did you get back?"

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time."

The Hargreeves stared at their brother with a confused look. But, Poet nodded, understanding what he said.

"That makes no sense," Diego said.

"Well, it would if you were smarter."

Poet immediately turned around, placing her hands out. Five looked at her, admiring her hands that glowed. Diego tried to head towards his brother, but Poet's powers were far more stronger than him.