Part 4

"To my beautiful woman, I couldn't have found anyone better." Anthony boasted with a smile and we clinked our champagne glasses together.

We were eating at Twelve-Eighty, an upscale spot on the corner of Peachtree. We were here celebrating our third anniversary. It had been about 8 months since the incident with my mom and we had more than moved on. I wasn't really speaking to my mom as much, she had stopped calling after I made it very clear I wasn't leaving Anthony.

"Don't call me when that man starts whippin' yo ass." Were her last words to me, but they went in one ear and out the other.

Anthony was fine. It took months for him to believe I forgave him, he was constantly apologizing with gifts, flowers, jewelry, he even purchased me a new Mercedes, S-Class. We were in a good space now. I had fully moved into the house, and just like Marisol predicted he had one of the rooms renovated into a walk-in closet. When I told him I didn't even have enough clothes for a walk in he handed me a black card and that took care of that. Money was not a problem for him. During us living together I delved into his life and business. Anthony told me about his company SLAP Records, which produced music and beats for many upcoming and already established artists. Anthony also sold his own exclusive beats on the side as well, and let me tell you, his sound was not cheap. I took pride in knowing my man was making legit money, I thought he was involved in drug distribution with the kind of cash he handled. Originally the company was owned by his mother and father, when his mother passed Anthony took over because his father couldn't keep up with the company. At only eighteen years old Anthony became a business owner and turned it into his own empire. I felt so honored to be his lady. He could have chosenany bitch, yet he chose me. In our three years of being together I never had to check his phone, look through his emails or follow him when he was out. I was his and he was mine, one hundred percent.

"To my perfect man, I can't thank God enough for blessing me with you." I told him before we pulled our glasses apart and took a drink.

"You ready to order?" I asked, browsing through the menu; I knew I wanted lamb chops.

"I am." He replied, closing his menu and pouring another glass of champagne.

I noticed lately he had been hitting the bottle more than usual and not that I had a problem with it, but I did want to talk about it. As if she heard us from across the restaurant our waitress came over to us.

"Are we all set to order?" she asked sweetly, pulling out her pen and pad.

"We are." Anthony answered, "We will both have the baked Salmon with bacon wrapped asparagus and roasted red potatoes for the side."

"Wait, I wanted lamb." I pouted.

Anthony looked across the table at me with a glare in his eye.

"The chops miss?" the waitress asked

"She. Will. Have. The. Salmon. Thank you." Anthony put emphasis on each word and shoved the menus back at the waitress, she left without another word.

"Anthony what the hell? I can't order my own food now?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Lina, why do you always have to go against me?" he asked with irritation in his voice.

"Because I don't want to eat what you want me to?" now I was getting irritated.

We had not had a fight since that bullshit with my mom, why was he trying to start one now.

"Because you just can't let me be the man. When the lion comes back with gazelle do you think the lioness says 'Oh, but I wanted Zebra'?" he asked me