97

happy update!

i hope you all are well! catch me up! what's been going on with all of you?! how are you doing? leave a comment below!

in this chapter you'll learn a little more about Harry's mental state, and i hope it prepares you for the next chapter where you'll find out more about Harry's time in captivity

would you all want a chapter in his PoV talking about it too or would that be too much?

anyways, enjoy the update ;)

My feet carried me down the hall and to one of the many sitting rooms where I found a comfortable chair and took a seat.

After sitting there for a few minutes with my head in my hand I heard a knock on the wood of the open doorway and squeezed my eyes shut.

I needed a few more minutes before I could talk to Harry.

"You okay, Emmy?"

My shoulders dropped in relief.

I looked up to see Jamie standing there, his hands in his pockets and a concerned look on his face.

"No." I answered him.

"Do you want to talk?"

I nodded my head yes and he came over to sit by me.

"I found Harry's medicine in the trash. He's not taking it and I don't understand why he's not allowing himself to get better. And he told me last night that he's going to do everything he can to get better but he's not. I don't know what to do."

"Emma." He sighed. "This situation is not easy to deal with, no matter what angle you look at it from. But Harry is going to deal with his trauma in his own way and on his own time. And so will you. But this is something that a professional needs to handle, and you're not a licensed psychologist or therapist. You can only heal him so much."

"It's just. I know he won't do that, and I don't know what else to do." I said while trying my best not to cry.

"You can only give so much before you run out."

I nodded while putting my face in my hands.

"Em, you're not the same girl he left a year ago, and he's not the same man. But you will either learn to love each other for who you've become or you'll find out that maybe it's best for you to take a step back and see other people."

"I knew when he was found that things would never be the same for us, but I can live with that. What I can't live with is him acting like he could care less if he's here or not. He says one thing but does another."

"He needs more help, Emmy. The best thing you can do for him is get him that help."

Jamie sat with me for a while longer until I had pulled myself together and then walked me back to my room, wishing me luck before I went inside.

When I went in, the doctor wasn't there anymore. It was just Harry. He was propped up in the bed, his right arm connected to an iv on a stand, his head leaned back against the headboard.

I felt his eyes on me as I walked over to my vanity and sat down to put my hair up in a bun and then get my moisturiser out in order to add some life to my skin.

"I took the medicine." I heard him say behind me.

I didn't respond.

"So you don't have to be mad anymore." He added and I sighed before turning around to face him.