Business dinner

Lacey

When Vincent made that offer, I didn't know what to say, so I said nothing. I needed time to think about it. What if it was some rash decision he made after what we encountered yesterday? I didn't want to get my hopes up and have them crushed, leading me back to be alone once again.

I looked at some outfits for dinner tonight, trying to decide what to wear. I heard the front door open and close, then footsteps walking up the stairs. I decided on something simple, like a business skirt and blouse. It was simple, yet made a bold statement.

"How was your meeting?" I asked as I held up the skirt.

"It was fine. Have you thought about my offer?" He asked me as I laid the skirt down and picked up the blouse.

"I'm still thinking about it," I mentioned. I laid the blouse down as not to wrinkle it, then walked over to the dresser and pulled out some lingerie.

"Lacey, I didn't make the offer because of yesterday. I made it because I've been thinking about it for a while," he explained.

I closed the drawer and walked back over to him. "I didn't think you did, but it's not something I can decide on. I need some time to decide; then, I'll give you an answer."

He looked at me as I looked at him.

"Fair enough," he replied as he leaned over, kissing me on top of my head before walking out of the room.

I would love to say yes to his offer, but I didn't want to make a hasty decision and regret it later. The way I feel about Vincent was nothing like I felt about anyone. It started when I allowed him to kiss me, breaking a rule in the contract and rule number two.

After Vincent left the room, I sat down on the side of the bed. Would it be so bad if I took Vincent's offer? Could we make this work with us? Would anything change between us? Those were questions I have no answers to at the moment. Most people would accept his offer, but they say when something is too good to be true, it usually is.

This situation wasn't when the man shows up on the white horse and rescues the damsel. It was life, and I'm an escort. Life doesn't always turn out the way you plan on it. Sometimes it turns into a freaking nightmare. I have time to decide, though, on what I wanted to do.

Vincent

I've never been a man of patience waiting for an answer. I prefer action. I prefer things finished. I also knew Lacey was right. As much as I hated to expect, this wasn't a decision to take lightly.

If she stayed, I would give her the world, including the one that eludes every woman; me. I could never give women myself completely. Being that vulnerable can make you weak, and people can use that weakness against you.

Lacey is different. I saw it when she brought me soup, while that action meant little to others. That said, more to me than Lacey knows. She loved me even if it was with another person to hear; she admitted that she loved me. It made me realize my decision was right.

I never planned on any of this happening. I didn't plan on constructing a contract for a month and falling in love with her. All I would do was meet with her and hire her for the night.

I wanted a night of releasing my frustrations. Then Cruz handed me that damn card. I didn't know how he came about with it, but one day I would ask him.

Keeping this quiet, I didn't want people to know I contacted a high-profile escort. That's why I asked for a meeting. Her showing up in business attire showed she could listen. The women I dealt with never did. They would prove me wrong time and time again.