August 20th, 1960

"It's nice to hear your voice John," you said laughing, as John kept making his smartass jokes, "But why did you call me?"

"Well I wanted to talk to someone from home, Mimi didn't answer anyways."

You heard a loud voice in the background and a few mumbled from John who probably had his hand over the telephone.

"John?"

"George is dying to get on the phone with you Diana, but I was first to get the telephone so he'll have to wait," you heard so more muffled voices and then a yell, it startled you but you let out a chuckle.

"Diana?" You heard a familiar voice say.

"Hello George," you had missed his soft voice even though it had only been a few days since he left.

"Sorry I hadn't called you sooner, this was the first time we were able to get a hold of a phone."

"That's okay Georgie, I'm glad you guys called," you said twirling the phone cord in your finger.

"I miss you Diana, you don't even understand how much I want to kiss you right now," you could only imagine the cute little grin on his face the moment he said that, you blushed at the thought.

"Oh really George?"

"Yes," he laughed.

"How's Hamburg?" You asked, changing the subject to something lighter before you were going to tell him the news...

"It's amazing Diana! I bit dirty, with some scary people...But for the most part it has been a blast."

"That's great George. I-I have to tell you something," you sighed, your hand becoming sweaty around the phone.

You suddenly heard some more mumbling and yelling in the background and soon enough John was back on the line.

"Hey baby, you don't know how much I want to kiss you right now. How much I want to-"

"Sorry about that Diana," George snatched the phone from John once more, "What were you going to say?"

"I- uh... George, I really don't know how to put this-"

"Hello again, it's John."

"I wouldn't have guessed..." you said, rolling your eyes at the constant interruption.

"John!" You heard George yell in the background.

"I just wanted to say goodbye to Diana!" He replied.

"John," you spoke up before he left, "I want to tell you something."

You were going to tell John.

You didn't quite know why, but he was like another brother to you and you needed to get this off your chest to someone. You didn't know if you could tell George just yet...

"What is it?" He questioned.

"Before I do, you promise not to tell George or Paul? I'm going to have to do that myself..."

"Okay, on with it Diana," he was becoming impatient.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise, now tell me!"

"I'm pregnant..." you said quietly.

You heard the line go silent for a few seconds, "What?"

"Yes John, I'm pregnant."

"I'm going to give the phone to George, you have to tell him-"

"No John!" you said loudly, "I can't tell him right now."

"How long have you known about this?" John asked.

"For a while...I'm 2 months pregnant-"

"What?!"

"John stop! You can't tell the others just yet, I'm trying to figure this all out."

"Well you better figure it out quick Diana, because I'm handing off the phone."

"No John!" You said again.

"Diana? What happened?!" George was on the other line. His voice was shaky and nervous from John yelling.

"George, I have to go," you said.

"Wait-"

Before you listened to any more, you hung up the phone.

You wiped a few tears off your face.

You felt guilty and ashamed of yourself for not telling George.

*~*~*

"Why didn't you tell him?!" Cynthia said, just as you opened your front door.

"How would you know..." you said.

"I just got off the phone with John and George," she replied, setting her purse down and taking her shoes off before the two of you went upstairs to your bedroom.

"What did they say?" You asked nervously.

"John said that George is completely stressing out and basically having a mental breakdown. Then George got on the phone with me himself and begged me to tell him what was happening. But I didn't tell him because that's your job," Cynthia said calmly.

"Cynthia..." you sighed, feeling sick to your stomach, not just because of the baby.

"You need to tell him Diana, I don't understand why you've been putting this off for so long-"

"Because I'm scared!" You blurted out, "I'm scared of what George will do, and what Paul will do... I'm scared that everything is going to go downhill," you began to cry again.

Cynthia walked up to you and hugged you.

"Everything is going to be fine Diana. It'll be worse if you don't tell George."

You nodded, "You're right."

"Call him right now."

"But I don't have the number-"

Soon enough Cynthia flicked out a piece of paper with a telephone number, "I told John to give it to me."

You took the paper and then dialed the number.

-
-
-
☁️🍃💕