16. Big Red.

"I'm telling you, she grabbed me by the throat." I rolled my eyes at Melody.

"She. Did. What?" She squealed.

"How many times I gotta repeat it? She grabbed me by the throat after she finished eating me out and then we sat down talking for awhile and then they came for her."

"She gave you, 'I'm getting locked up' head?" Melody covered her face with her hands.

"Is there such a thing as 'I'm getting locked up' head?" I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I like niggas that been in and out of jail." She got up and started twerking.

Melody and I were currently in Pep's office talking. She didn't have any appointments right now so she decided to spend the time with me as an emotional support. She was my only real friend here so we stuck together through it all.

"I can't believe you witnessed that."

"Girl, I'm telling you. My ass was shook, right. I ducked so quick I thought I was about to get thought the lesson." I got up and walked around the large desk towards her.

She bust out laughing and said, "lesson for what?"

"I didn't tell you? Earlier in the day I went dark as midnight in the utilities building and then this soldier dude walked up saying he was gonna teach me some manners so I said bet, bitch. Yee ain't gon do shiiiit." I joined in with Melody's laughter clutching my stomach.

"You lyiiiing." She dragged out.

"Girl, I'm deadass. Dead serious, as a judge. Pep stepped in front of us and then sent me to the car and she came in and draped my ass, buddy. She draped me and I'm there in my head saying oh shit, she really gonna drape me after I beat my chest saying no one could?"

Melody's laughter tore through the room as she reached forward to slap my thigh. I flinched away from her assault but she kept coming back with more and more slaps.

"Bitch! Hit your own thigh!" I held onto my knee.

"Kash, I cant stop laughing."

I rolled my eyes at her and sparked up the spliff I had behind my ear. I took a long drag and blew it in her direction. This was what we did majority of the time, we would chill out and talk shit and light up. The other girls hated me and they hated Melody by association, she was like the Prima Donna here and she basically got away with anything because she ran this house.

"I'm telling you, all we wanted a chance with Pep. Shit, my ass thought she was gonna wife me but then you came along and I realized that we weren't her type after all." She wiped at her eyes.

"When I saw her dragging you out of here the other day I got so scared for you because I know the kind of sick fuck that she really is behind that coldness. You see how cold and distant she is?" I nodded my head as my response.

"It's exhilarating, you know? To think that you can bring warmth to a person like that so we all tried. We all tried to be perfect and to do as she wanted, we took her beatings and anything that made her feel better. Kandy walks around on all fours with a collar around her neck because Pep likes that."

"I'm glad that she found you. None of us here, no matter how much we submitted ourselves to her, was her type. She's a different person since you came along and I'm happy for that." Her smile was genuine and it warmed my heart.

"Really?" I whispered.

"Yes, really. Now pass that blunt and stop nursing that shit." She scratched at me with her long nails.