Chapter 24

MATILDA'S POV...

It's been a few days since I was last on one of these chapters, and nothing much has changed.

Ricky is getting more and more anxious and bored all day, and can barely sit down to watch a simple tv show. He's running around the room relentlessly! These stupid mafia people are killing my vibe. Before this, life was great! Jason, Laine, Owen, Ricky, and I were always together! Now, Laine worked too much for her own good, but we still found the time to hang out and have fun!

Now, everything is in shambles. My husband may or may not be okay, Laine and Owen are in the hold of that bitch Kyle, and Ricky and I are stuck in this hell!

The walls of this prison are making me go crazy. So plain, no color, nothing to look at. Even outside, I've already studied the forest, the grass, the land! The only interesting thing outside is the view of a car pulling up the driveway and passing the window.

A knock on the door snaps me from my thought, "You have five minutes." The guard says through the door.

Today was the day I meet the boss. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I angry? Yes. Am I scared? Yes. Am I hungry? Absolutely.

This man is a killer. He has kidnapped Ricky and I and ransomed sweet Owen! I have every intention to smack him right in the head as I see him. Maybe I can find a baseball bat and beat the living shit out of him... No? Okay.

I grab the comb off the vanity, combing through my dampened hair from my cooling shower earlier. I was dressed in the same clothes as I wore when I got here, though, they've washed them a few times, they said it was 'too dirty to not wash'.

Ricky was too busy watching Pawl Patrol on the tv to notice me getting ready. He was obsessed with the show- sometimes I wondered if he loved the show more than me.

"Ricky, I'm going to... get a shower, okay? You keep watching the show, okay? I'll be back soon." All he did was nod, not tearing his eye from the program.

The door swung open, and the guard ushered me out into the hall. He kept a firm grip on my arm as he lead me across of the house, weaving through the long hallways of the mansion. After almost three minutes, we reached our destination. The guard proceeded to open the large doors to the boss' office.

I paid no attention to the others in the room, just the interior. Everything was so modernized, and books lined the walls, along with a large screen TV, paintings- anything you could imagine.

It took a few seconds before my eyes even made contact with the two men in the room. The guard closed the large doors and left before u could even register who was in front of me.

One I finally realized, and my mind settled, my eyes filled with betrayal, and utter shock.

You know that feeling when someone fucks you over so bad, that you feel sick? No? Well, anyways- that's how I'm feeling at the moment. Just my eye contact with him made me feel like I was going to throw up last nights dinner.

How? How?!

Jason steps forward, away from his father. He starts towards me, an oddly happy expression on his lips. "My love, I am so happy that you are here. I've been trying to convince my father to let us meet for the past few weeks." He grins, pulling me into a hug.

My arms hang idly at my sides as I try to understand what the hell is going on. Jason releases me as he senses my confusion. He has his own confused expression on his lips. "What is it, Matilda? Aren't you happy to see me?" He questions, taking my hands.

"You did all this?" My shaken voice sounds. No one can comprehend how hurt or scared I was. My husband, the one I love, is A MAFIA MAN! How didn't I see this before? How didn't I realize that his 'business' wasn't what he said it was? How could I have fallen in love with a monster?!