The Master Sword

"You're master will come for you... Untill then, you shall rest safely here."

Zelda held her hands in prayer over the Mastersword which was laying on top of a stone slab. It was battered and weak, covered in mud and dented in many places. She was on her knees infront of the Deku Tree.

"Although the Slumber of Restoration will most certainly deprive him of his memories, please trust me when I say that I know he will arrive before you yet again" her eyes were shut tight in concentration.

"If I am be so bold... What is it that you are planning to do next, Princess?" She looked up at the Deku Tree.

She looked down at Link's sword, "The Master Sword... I heard it speak to me. It seems that my role is unfinished. There is still something I must do." She clutched her hands closer to her chest, ignoring the muddy dress that still clung to her.

"I sense there is great strength in your dedication." he mused, sadness lined his words at her sollem face.

"Great Deku Tree, I ask of you, when he returns, can you please relay this message..." she had to make sure he knew, "Tell him I-" she started.

"Now then... Words intended for him would sound much better in the tones of your voice, don't you think?"

He was right. Why did she keep acting as though she had already lost? She had her power now, and Link was to be saved. They would meet again, and when they did, she would tell him...

"Yes." She smiled up at the Great Tree.

She picked up the hilt of the Mastersword, surprised at how heavy it actually was. How could Link swing this with ease? She held it out infront of her, over the opening in the stone slab. She closed her eyes before opening them and fitting the Mastersword into the slab, laying it to rest until it's master came. It glowed with light as she slowly walked away from the Korok Forest, to meet her own fate.

***

When Link had died, she had told Robbie to take him to the Shrine of Resurrection. She took the sword, she had seen that it had taken a beating, and she didn't know where else to put it other than the place it belonged.

Her journey to the Korok Forest was made in silence. She had no one to talk to. She had found Epona prowling around the woods that night he had died. She had run up to her and started to stroke her affectionately, at least she wasn't dead.

Epona knew by the fact that Zelda was caring the sword that her master was gone. Now she was with Zelda, who obviously need to go somewhere. Epona knelt down so it was easier for her to get on. This just made Zelda chuckle. Before, with Aspen, Link helped Zelda up even though she could get in and off by herself easily, she just loved Link holding her up in his strong arms.

They made their way to the Secret Forest together, both in mourning for Link. Zelda had a glimmer of hope that he would live but that wasn't enough to make up for his absence.