15 part 1

(A/N: Hey guys! There's finally an update! This is only the first half of this chapter, but I wanted to give you guys something. Even if it's just a little bit. Thanks for being so patient and sticking with me! <3 Without further ado please enjoy this short chapter!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dusk was well and truly upon them by the time Feixiang and Tian Yi approached their quarters. Their silhouettes cast shadows behind them as they seemed to almost glide forward. Just by standing together they exuded a noble aura that pressured the nearby eunuchs and maids to look away. One maid resolutely stared at the ground as she walked by but was struck with the gorgeous image of their shadows. The dark form of a man with a well-defined jawline and masculine profile melded with the form of a more slender and softer androgynous form, both connected by the hand they held. The shadows were much like a dynamic painting, but on a canvas made of lamp lights and stone floors. The maid held her breath while watching stray strands of hair float behind the slender outline as it followed no more than two steps behind the more robust form.

While their forms seemed to blend harmoniously to outsiders, only they knew that they were not as calm as they seemed. Tian Yi didn't speak though he felt his hand slightly moisten from the sweat from Feixiang's palm. Neither of them wanted to break this quiet atmosphere that had wrapped itself around them. When they finally stood outside the door leading to their rooms Feixiang broke the silence with a cough.

"Yi-er...wait for me okay? I have a little surprise for you. Just close your eyes for a minute!" Feixiang's voice trembled with a mixture of nervousness and excitement. Tian Yi looked at Feixiang quizzically, completely unaware of what was waiting for him. Tian Yi still wanted to find a way to get rid of Feixiang for at least a minute to retrieve the ring from Ni Ni, so this was perfect. Tian Yi calmly nodded at Feixiang and watched his expression morph from anticipation to eagerness. Tian Yi feigned like he closed his eyes but kept them open enough to peek through his eyelashes. Feixiang walked towards him and as he approached closer Tian Yi's eyelashes trembled with the effort to conceal his deceit. Feixiang blew softly on Tian Yi's eyes causing his body to lightly quiver. After determining that Tian Yi's seemed to be truly closed Feixiang quietly entered his courtyard leaving Tian Yi outside momentarily.

The moment Feixiang left Tian Yi opened his eyes. He eagerly started reviewing his proposal plan in his mind and asked Ni Ni for suggestions.

Hey Ni Ni, what should I do? Should I just ask him? Should I do something special? Wait first give me the ring!

Ni Ni was stunned. I've never seen Host this frazzled before...It's actually kinda cute. Ni Ni made the ring materialize onto Tian Yi's hand before replying to his questions.

[Well Host at the end of the day it's your proposal so you gotta figure it out. But...why don't you play him a song or something? Don't forget about that hella expensive guzheng you bought from the system store.]

Tian Yi's eyes lit up with expectation and enlightenment.

Thanks Ni Ni. I've figured out what I'm gonna do.

Meanwhile Feixiang was whispering to one of the servants within the room. "Is everything prepared?" He urgently questioned. The servant bowed at a 90 degree angle trying to hide his trembling from the Prince's fierce voice. "Yes Your Highness, everything has been completed as per your orders." The second those words left the servant's lips Feixiang sighed with relief and dismissed the man. Feixiang took a few deep breaths and fiddled with his fingers a few times to psyche himself up before returning to Tian Yi's side. When he stepped out and faced Tian Yi, Tian Yi's eyes were already closed and remained standing exactly how he left him. Feixiang's steps were steady and confident which was a stark contrast to the fierce internal turmoil within his stomach.