The Real Truth

Bianca's POV

I woke up, feeling aching all over my body. I opened my eyes to see a window with a plain frame and heard birds chirping outside. I looked around and realized I was in a hospital bed. It looked like a stereotypical movie and all.

There were flowers and teddy bears by my bedside with cute, little cards sticking to them. Even a box of chocolates shaped like hearts. Along the stack of presents, a gloomy face stared at me in shock.

"Nico," I muttered and he stood up.

"You don't know how worried I've been," he expressed, looking more depressed than usual and his eyelids looking like he hadn't slept in a while.

I was about to ask him what had happened, but I realized myself, and all the memories flooded in. I looked down at my body.

I was in a lumpy, white hospital bed gown that felt like a potato sack. There was pain and aching coming from my right hip. I felt a huge bandage over it and when I touched it, I flinched due to a shot of pain bolting through my body.

"You got shot there, if you don't remember," Nico reminded me,"they-"

"Wait, are Annabeth and Rachel okay?" I sprung out of my bed.

"Yeah, they got the person that shot you," he told me. I sighed in relief.

He made a stern face. "I mean Bia, you just got shot!" He complained," Are you feeling okay? Maybe I should get you something-" 

"No! I don't need anything! What about you, I mean, you look like you haven't slept in a while, are you okay?" I asked him.

"I'm fine! You're the one who scared me half to death," he mumbled, rubbing his face.

"Hey, I can stand, that's all that matters, right?" I joked.

"It's not funny. I thought I lost my sister for Hades' sake!" He ranted, frustrated.

"Neeks," I hugged him," I'm fine, thanks for caring for me."

He pushed me away and looked down at the floor.

"I guess it's payback for having to take care of a lump like me," he commented.

"Neeks, look at me," I asked him and he looked up," I've never doubted taking care of you...ever, I-I just wanted a more normal life when I was younger. I didn't realize how lucky I was to have you by my side, until you were gone. And it's also the jealousy of you becoming someone, because you were inspired by me. You called me your idol and I know I shouldn't have been mad and I'm sorry. At least I get to say I babysat THE Nico Di Angelo when I was younger," I explained and he shook his head.

"You never have to say sorry, sis. I was lucky to have you as my idol," he smiled rarely and I smiled back.

This time I hugged him and he didn't let go.

Annabeth's POV

I opened the door to my house to see a man dressed in black. He was wearing a suit, and with his gelled-back hair and dark shades, I couldn't tell whether he was a secret spy or not.