Chapter 22.

August pulled up to his house cutting the engine. Becca didnt move for a minute. August rubbed her thigh.

"You good?"

"Yeah I'm okay," she looked back at Kimberly who was sleep. "I'll get Kimberly."

"Nah I got her. Just go in the house and wait for me so we can talk." He handed her his keys. She nodded and got out the car.

August walked in the house with Kimberly. He took her to her room, laid her in the bed and kissed her goodnight before closing her door. Then he went halfway down the stairs.

"Come up here with me."

She nodded her head and followed him to his room. He closed the door, hopped on his bed and patted next to him so Becca could sit.

She took off her shoes before climbing on the bed next to him.

"What's on ya mind?"

"I don't know. Its like Im still in shock," she said staring at the wall. "How could I not see any signs of what was going on?"

"Its not your fault. That nigga was just good at keeping shit covered up," August said to her.

"I just feel so stupid that I have been blind to it this whole time. I have been beating myself up about not telling him that you and I slept together and this dude not only cheated on me once but has had another life with his now baby momma for God knows how long," Becca felt so disgusted. She started to cry.

"Fuck him Becca. He doesn't deserve you. Shit he don't deserve anybody," he said.

Becca didn't say anything she just continued crying. August hated that Trey was causing her pain. He already hated him, now he had more reasons to hate him.

"Come here," he said pulling her closer to him, putting his legs on each side of her. He kissed her cheek and held her close as he rested his chin on her shoulder. "I don't like to see you upset. So stop crying baby girl . He doesn't deserve your tears."

"I just feel like maybe I didn't do something right," she said wiping her eyes.

"He didn't know the value of what he had. You deserve so much and his ass wasn't man enough for the job," he said wiping her wet cheek.

"I hear you. I just need time to figure things out," she looked at her watch which read 8:30. "I should probably go."

"You dont need to be home by yourself thinkin' bout him." August said. "Stay here with me. I can take ya mind off him real quick," He said with a mischievious grin.

She laughed at him. He knew saying that last part would make her laugh.

"I guess Ill stay, but don't try any funny business.", she said playfully hitting his arm.

"I wont, but ya know I heard the best way to get over someone is to get under someone new," August said lifting her hand kissing it.

"Well good thing you're not new boo." She laughed. She kissed his cheek and climbing off the bed.

"Whateva girl. I know you miss this." He laughed. "Ill give you a day or two to get over that nigga before I flirt wit cha again." He laughed cutting on the TV to ESPN.

"Hush. Aint nobody flirting. Im taking a bath then going to bed. Its been a long day. Ill see you in the morning." She said before giving August a hug and kiss on the cheek again. "Thank you for being here for me."

"Of course ma. You know Im there for you whenever," he smiled.

She walked out of his room and into the spare room that was basically hers now. While August made some phone calls.