Chapter 3

Percy's P.O.V

I have no idea what Cami told Annabeth, but I don't care. I was going to ask her out, whether Cami liked it or not. Annabeth become more distant in the past week, but I intended to change that. It was time for me to suck it up and ask her to go out with me. "Hey Annie." I said as I poked her cheek. Her eyes fluttered slightly before finding the ground again. I sighed. "Can you just talk to me?" I yelled in frustration. She flinched. Her gaze lifted and her gorgeous grey eyes found mine. "I'm sorry." I said as I pulled her into a hug. I was surprised by my action, but she didn't pull away.

Instead her head nuzzled into my chest, and she wrapped her frail arms around my waist. I smiled warmly and said. "Don't let Cami threaten you, and if she raises one finger to hurt you, I will break her in half." She looked up and came closer to me. I tensed, thinking she would finally kiss me, but instead she kissed my cheek. A warmth flooded through my body. "Thank you Percy." she whispered. "U-um no problem." my voice cracked.

When I finally saw Annabeth after class, she was talking to Erica - her best friend- , Thalia, and Piper. I admired her as she laughed, her golden ringlets bouncing up and down. She sat down next to James, her best friend of all time, and kissed his cheek. My smile instantly turned into a scowl. I sped to the lunch table she was sitting at, until Cami walked into me.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry Percy!" She exclaimed as she held on to me. I rolled my eyes. I pried her hands of of my chest, and walked away. "Uh!" She screamed. "Hey Annie." I grinned. She turned towards me. Her facemorphed into a genuine smile. My heart melted. "Can I talk to you for a second?" I asked her nervously.

Annabeth's POV
"Can I talk to you for a second?" Percy asks as he fiddled with his feet. "Sure, bye guys." I say as I wave to my friends. I stand up and walk out of the cafeteria with him on my heels. "What's up?" I question him. "Annabeth." his tone suddenly serious. "Will you do me the honor of going out with me." he asks me shyly. I smile . "I thought you'd never ask."

A/N

Heyyyyyyy. How r all of you. I hope ur all having and awesome day. pls vote and comment for my fanfic. Byeeeeeee.