Author's Intro Note

Hello and welcome back if you've read anything else of mine! For my last book I didn't give enough of a preface for my writing style, so I'll be doing that now:

-Y/N=  Your name! I don't put parenthesis around it in the story, so just know that.
-L/N= Your last name. I probably won't use it, but just in case.
-E/C= Your eye color. Again, it probably won't be used.

Any other codes like that will be clarified in the story if I feel it's necessary. Some more notes about how I write:

-If I put an image at the top of a chapter, I'll put the owner's name at the beginning of the chapter in bold
-If there's a time skip that isn't super long or is just switching to a new character, it'll be separated with these little stars * * *. But if it's significant or switching POVs, it'll be this ----Words----
-Italics indicate the characters' thoughts
-"Quotes" are dialogue. I think this is fairly obvious, but I tried to take out 'he said' 'I said' stuff
-'Single quotes' are usually just text messages. If it's something else, you'll know
-If I (the author) wish to talk to you guys directly (the audience), I'll put it in parenthesis in the middle of the text. Because of this, there will never be anything in parenthesis coming from the characters in the story.
-At the end of my chapters, I pretty much always give an update or a note from myself. This will always be in bold and centered in the middle of the page. I occasionally will do this at the top of a chapter if I feel like you need to know something before you start

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I'd like to talk about the story a bit! First of all, I don't have a regular update schedule, but rest assured that I will 100% finish the story :)

I understand that as an audience, it's way more enjoyable to know when exactly the next chapter will be released, and I've experienced frustration myself when an author doesn't update for awhile. HOWEVER, for me personally, I feel like having a set scheduled can make the writing processed rushed, and I don't want to publish something that I think will do the story a disservice. I want to write an awesome story that you all love, so I need to avoid rushing my writing. This also means that if there's a night where I feel very inspired, I might put out 3 chapters a night!

So, I apologize for the inconvenience, and I know it's frustrating, but I will do my best to get the chapters out as fast as possible :)

For this book, just know that it takes a few chapters for Jack's real personality to come out, but I really like the characters so far :)

ALSO, I have decided to put a small supernatural element into this book O_o. It's going to be fairly small, so if you're not a fan of supernatural books, DON'T WORRY. It won't affect the story much and it won't show up for quite a while. I was debating whether or not I wanted to put it in, but I feel like it will make the story a little different from others (hopefully)

******************************There's also a VERY, VERY SMALL religious element to this book. It's seriously VERY SMALL and will not affect the story much. I respect that religion is a very touchy subject, so I'm not trying to force a religion on anyone. I'm not super religious myself, and it's mainly in the book for backstory. I want to avoid any conflict, and I hope no one feels offended by any content with religious references. As long as you're not hurting yourself or someone else, believe whatever you wish.

THIS STORY CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, SEXUAL REFERENCES, MENTAL HEALTH REFERENCES, AND MINIMAL VIOLENCE*********************** And I'll put trigger warnings if needed :)

If you haven't read "The Innocent Eyes," I recommend it because it was the first story I wrote, but it's totally not necessary at all to understand this story. There will be no elements from that book in this one, so don't worry about missing out. If you haven't read it, you can skip the rest of this intro and get to reading :)

** A NOTE TO THOSE WHO READ "THE INNOCENT EYES" **

Hi :) welcome back. So, I tried to make this story an alternate version of "The Innocent Eyes" and make it like at the same time because I thought that'd be cool, but it wasn't going to work at all for a few obvious reasons that you'll soon figure out. The timeline and some other things just weren't going to match up, so I figured it'd be fine to make it a stand alone. I like it more that way because this story feels a lot different already.

Also, I've mentioned this in TIE (I'm using that abbreviation for it now), but the creepypasta characters in TIE are not in this book. I wanted to avoid feeling repetitive, so for the most part they won't be in here ;)

If you were someone who gave me personality traits that you liked about Jack, THANK YOU because you helped a lot. I literally wrote down EVERY SINGLE ONE and tallied up the the frequency of each to try to make his personality appealing. Hopefully I did it :)

I also took note of some of your comments about Jack and Y/N in general

Thank you for following me over here (even if it was just out of boredom) and for reading my work!

AND THE HORRIBLE CHAPTER NAMES ARE FINALLY GONE. THAT WAS A PHAT MISTAKE ON MY PART AND I'M NO LONGER GOING TO COME UP WITH CHAPTER TITLES XD

Enjoy! :)