6. You're Really Doing This To Me

"Hey Chu, Jennie is coming over for dinner tonight, I assume that's cool with you?" Lisa inquired, stepping through the door frame of Jisoo's bedroom.

"Yeah, that's fine." Jisoo answered absentmindedly. She was working on an assignment sketch that she procrastinated terribly on.

"Alright, just making sure." Lisa said with a smirk that Jisoo didn't notice.

She pranced into the living room to where Chaeyoung was sitting, reading a puppy magazine.

"Yo Chaeng, I think operation Jensoo is a go." Lisa said hopping on the couch next to her roommate/girlfriend.

"Really? What did Soo say?" Chaeyoung asked, looking up from her magazine.

"She said that it was fine, but she was kinda distracted, but it counts. She still said yes, and technicalities don't matter anyway." Lisa said stretching out on to the couch, throwing her legs in Chaeyoung's lap.

"Pftt, whatever you say, babe. Hey, look at these corgis sitting in a kiddie pool." Chaeyoung said to her girlfriend. 

--

The four of the girls had been hanging out for about a month now, finally starting to fall back into the rhythm that they had in high school.

That doesn't mean that the tension wasn't there, however.

Jisoo was completely, hopelessly, embarrassingly awkward around Jennie.

She stuttered whenever Jennie talked directly to her, and was just generally frazzled in the other girl's presence. And this definitely did not go unnoticed by the others, to put it plainly, it was painfully obvious-- Jisoo still had feelings for Jennie.

As much as she hated to admit it, everyone could see it. Jisoo tried to fight it for the first couple weeks, and tried to appear stand-offish and cold to jennie, but she just turned into a ball of flustered fluff. But this time, Jennie didn't lash out and cut the three of them off forever whenever Jisoo showed her attraction to Jennie, most of the time on accident. So, the other two roommates, Chaelisa as they like to call themselves, took this as a sign to try and figure out what Jennie was feeling, and to attempt to set them up. They had already made up a ship name, Jensoo, and had both made the executive decision of being the pair's wing women.

And they had a whole plan up their sleeves.

--

"Jisoo, get your ass down here, we're making dinner as a family!" Lisa shouted at her friend.

A few seconds later jisoo came stomping down the hall clad in sweatpants, a hoodie, some glasses, and a messy ponytail.

"What the hell do you wa-" Her words got stuck in her throat as she saw Jennie standing in their kitchen next to Chaeyoung. "Ehem. Sorry got choked up a bit there. As i was saying, what the hell do you want?" Jisoo tried to say with the sternest voice she could muster.

Jennie just chuckled lightly in the background.

"I was trying to get you down here so you could help us with dinner." Lisa said with a sweet smile.

"Oh, right." Jisoo said, trying to match the smile on Lisa's face.

As soon as Jennie was distracted by Chaeyoung, who was showing her the puppy magazine from earlier that afternoon, Jisoo yanked Lisa aside.

"Why i didn't you tell me she was coming, i look like a seal right now." Jisoo harshly whispered in Lisa's ear.

"First of all, what the hell? A seal? That's what you just compared yourself to? And i told you she was coming, dumbass. I asked you about when you were working on you sketch." Lisa said back to her friend.

"Oh...shit." Jisoo said to no one in particular.

--

After about 20 minutes of talking amongst themselves and cooking, it was time for the big part of Chaelisa's plan to commence. They needed to leave Jensoo alone.

"Holy fuck, babe we don't have potatoes!" Lisa said to her girlfriend, feigning shock.

"What, impossible", Chaeyoung said as she walked over to the pantry. She then pulled out a dramatic gasp when she saw that there were indeed, no potatoes to be had.

"We have to go to the store. Now." Chaeyoung said, with Lisa in tow. They were both frantically grabbing their keys, trying to get out of the house before Jisoo could stop them. 

"Guys, it's cool, I don't think we really need potatoes. We'll make do." Jennie said, a bit confused about the dramatization over the current situation.

"What?! Of course we do! Potatoes are the official starch of this household! We need them!" Lisa shouted as the pair slipped out the door.

"No wait-" Jisoo was met with a door slam to her face.

"I really hate them sometimes..." Jisoo muttered under her breath.

Jennie just smiled at Jisoo and chuckled.

Jisoo knew that this half hour alone with Jennie was going to feel like half an eternity, one certainly to be filled with embarrassed stuttering and nonsense. That's what Jennie did to her.

She mentally braced herself.

--

hey gays

as always, thank you for taking the time to read this, it means a lot

-e