Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Taehyung parks and turns to look at you with a grin on his face.

"Are you excited?" He wonders. You poke out your lip while you think of an answer. You know what was waiting for you on the other side of the restaurant's doors. A bunch of men who were apparently all interested in you. To make matter worse they were all attractive and nice. Normally you assume this would be every girl's dream, but that is all it was meant to be. A dream. It wasn't real and you didn't necessarily want it to be. You'd already made your choice and he was right next to you. Smiling like always, brightening your day. You wouldn't give this up for anything else. In fact, you almost couldn't believe that it had turned out this way.

"To eat? Yes," You say keeping your answer simple. Taehyung frowns at you.

"Is that all?" He wonders. You know that he wants you to be happy about more than just eating.

"No I'm also glad to get to spend time with you all." You say giving in. His bright smile returns to his face once again and you feel relieved that he is no longer frowning at you.

"Great! Let's go in then. I'm sure everyone is already waiting for us." He says. You nod in agreement. Taehyung gets out of the car and then walks over to your side to open the door for you. You mutter a quick 'thanks' before getting out of the car. Taehyung almost grabs your hand, but he thinks better of it and together the two of you walk into the restaurant.

It appears that the boys have rented out the entire place because when you enter it is basically vacant other than the greeter at the front door. She greets Taehyung and immediately begins to lead the two of you to the back where the lighting seems to be dimmer. You still don't see any of the other boys.

"Taehyung oppa. Where is everyone at?" You wonder. He looks down at you with a sly smile and they all of a sudden you hear.

"SUPRISE!!!!!!" And the lights are turned on.

"Ahhhhh 깜짝이야" You yell as the boys walk out from all corners of the room singing happy birthday. Taehyung laughs at your reaction before he joins in one the singing. Once they are all finish you make you way to the big table with place settings.

"I like your outfit." J-hope says. You smile at him as you sit down. You sit in between Taehyung and Jimin, who rushed over to the table to make sure he got to sit by you.

"Thank you. Tae pic-" You start to say, but you can't decide if that's important information. Luckily enough for you Jimin has something to say so you don't have to think about it for two long.

"Were you not going to tell us that it was your birthday?" He questions accusingly. For some reason you feel more guilty about it then you probably should.

"I honestly forgot." You explain, "my mom called me and reminded me about it."

"It's okay (Y/N), at least we know now," Hoseok says. You smile at him gratefully.

"But now we won't have enough time to buy you presents" Jungkook whines. You quickly shake your head.

"I don't need anything I promise. This is enough for me." You tell them. They look at you questioningly like they don't entirely believe you're okay with not getting gifts.

"If you say so," He says.

"So (Y/N) how does it feel to be 18. You're finally an adult now." Namjoon wonders.

"Hmmm.do I look any taller?" You ask playfully. The boys laugh at your sarcasm. "But seriously I don't feel any different."

"Are you guys ready to order?" A waiter suddenly asks you. You didn't even notice his approach. He seems to be around the age of a college student and he's quite handsome. Not as handsome as Taehyung of course, but you couldn't lie and call him ugly.