CHAPTER 28

8 HOURS EARLIER...

Roman Vasquez's POV

"I need to go."

"Are you going to the office now?" My wife, Red, asked casually. We just finished having breakfast together. I picked up my suit on the vacant chair as I prepare to leave.

I shook my head with a smile on my face. Even though, she hasn't given me a proper answer to my question yesterday about taking our relationship to the next level she wasn't turned down my offer which was a good thing. "Nope. I need to go somewhere. I have a meeting with an acquaintance of mine."

Little by little, I was aware that I have little progress when it comes to convincing her to have faith and take the next step in our relationship. She was the most stubborn woman I've ever met but she's worth the trouble and more.

"Will you be home early?" Red inquired nonchalantly, cleaning the table.

I shrugged not sure how long does this meeting will last. Truth to be told, I am meeting her grandfather in his estate in Hamptons. I was not sure if I would be home early. "I'm not sure, darling. Why? Do you have plans?"

She smiled at me that didn't quite reach her eyes. "No, I plan to go somewhere. I might not be home by lunchtime, I guess."

I frowned at her, putting my suit jacket on. "Do you mind if I ask where do you plan to go?"

My wife grinned at me, placing the used tableware and utensils on the dishwasher. "Oh, I will visit my family. It's been a while since the last time I saw them. I think I need to catch up with my sister."

For a moment I thought she was going to say that she planned to visit her grandfather thankfully she's planning to visit her sisters instead. "Well, should I say have fun with your sisters' bonding, then?"

"I guess so."

"I need to go, my darling," I said, moving closer where she'd been standing and lifted her chin for a chaste kiss on the lips. "I'll see you tonight."

"See you." She said with a grin on her face.

I left her standing in the middle of the kitchen. I prepared myself for my encounter with her grandfather. I also need to clear some things with him. I don't want to leave my wife in the dark anymore with my association with Daniel St. Clair.

After a long drive from the city. I finally arrived at the Hamptons estate of Daniel St. Clair. A housekeeper greeted me at the front door and led me to the library of one of the richest men in America.

"Ah, here's my favorite, grandson," Daniel announced warmly as soon as I entered the library, closing the door behind me.

I eyed him dryly from the study table he'd been sitting. "If I remember correctly I am the only grandson-in-law you have, sir."

Daniel laughed heartily, gesturing to the vacant chair in front of him. "Please, have a seat. I'm so glad you decide to visit me. It's been a while since we have a private chat. How is it going between you and Ruby? Any improvements?"

I took the offered chair. I smiled at him thoughtfully. "You might say that, sir. I already ask her to move permanently with me. She didn't answer me but she didn't refuse either. I told her to take her time and think about it."

"Didn't I tell you that I'll take care of this matter?" Daniel spoke almost smugly, looking at me with bright green eyes that's almost identical to my wife's eyes. "Look at the progress you achieve with my stubborn granddaughter."