| 49 | gut feeling

<warning: this chapter gets pretty dark and discusses very disturbing themes. Read at your own caution.>

Once they pull away, they both stand there for a moment taking in the situation. But without waiting another minute Daisy charges in the room and Timothée didn't have to look inside to know she'd found Harvey because the terror in Daisy's eyes said more than words ever could have.

Timothée turns around slowly and a million thoughts go through his mind as a painful sob escapes Daisy's lips and she goes inside, charging towards her brother.

Harvey is sprawled out on the floor. With or without the empty pill boxes that lay scattered around him, it didn't take a genius to figure out that he had overdosed. His face was insanely pale, almost purple looking, and his arms had scars all over them due to the amount of times he had injected heroin into his system.

Daisy collapsed onto the floor beside him, reaching for his head and placing it on her knees. 'HARVEY!' She screams, slapping his face continuously trying to wake him up. 'Harvey please don't be gone.. PLEASE!' She pleads and pleads over and over again as she pushes the injections and the pill bottles away from his extremely still body.

She then lowers her fingers to her brother's neck and checks for a pulse. She goes silent when she doesn't feel anything, nothing, no heartbeat, no sign of life. Once her fingers move away she looks at Timothée and does not utter a word. His heart thumps in his chest and he collapses beside her on the floor looking at Harvey with what seemed like pain and tears in his eyes.

'I'm so sorry.' he manages to say but once the words escape his mouth he knows they mean nothing to her. An apology won't bring Harvey back, but he still felt the need to say it. 'I'll call a hospital, maybe- maybe they can bring him back.'

'Timmy he's dead.' she says coldly still holding onto her brother's lifeless body with tear stained cheeks.

'You don't know that. We might have gotten here on time, maybe they can use those things that- that you know those-' he tries to explain it to her, to find the right words but Daisy cuts him off before he can continue.

'Timothée stop it. He's gone.' she says it like it was final and it shocked Timothée because although he knew for a fact that Harvey was laying there, dead. He still felt the urge to question it, to doubt it, to find some sort of loophole in the situation. But Daisy was convinced.

Timothée looks up at her, his eyebrows knitted together and his fearful eyes looking back and forth from Harvey to Daisy. 'Why aren't you surprised?' he asks, tilting his head slightly. Still in utter shock of the situation at hand.

'Because I knew it was coming. We all did.' Daisy mumbles, running her hand over her brother's hair and staring at him with pain in her eyes.

'You knew he'd die?'

'Yes.'

'Did you not have any sliver of hope that he might make it?' Timothée asks bewildered.

'Hope makes you weak.' Daisy spits looking back down at her brother and Timothée could tell she was holding back another huge wave of tears and sobs.

'No Daisy it doesn't.' Timothée says trying to reassure her. He remembered talking to Nic, a former addict who he played in a movie. And Nic had told him that if the person doesn't want to feel anything when they are put in a bad situation, then it will only make matters worse.

'Yes it does because look at me Timothée. I'm sitting here, holding my.. my dead brother in my hands and if I let myself have hope that he'd make it and he'd be fine then I'd be a mess right now.'