𝐭𝐰𝐨. 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐯𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬?

-

-

STANDING ON THE STEPS, the four of us looked out into the hallway. "Vamos, ¿qué tal una foto? Un selfie o algo así." Christian asked the group, and Nadia immediately turned away, evidently not wanting to be involved. Samuel turned towards the camera, and I smiled, standing right next to Christian as he took a few pictures of the three of us, one with me even kissing his cheek.

"That's for Instagram." He laughed, and we walked around the school, in awe of how amazing and big it was compared to San Esteban. San Esteban, the school that collapsed, as you can imagine was not the best. It was a grey colour inside, the walls slightly dirty, a few windows a little cracked, tables scribbled on. Here, however, everything seemed bright and white, very clean, with no mess or vandalism or anything anywhere.

"You're not allowed to use your phone, you know. They'll confiscate it if they see you use it." Nadia spoke up, snapping all of us out of our trace, as we turned to her, confused. Christian shook his head.

"That's against the constitution." He spun around to her, smiling as he then began poking his head in every classroom we passed, muttering a little 'woah' as he went. I stifled a laugh as he turned back around, his focus back on me.

"You've read the constitution?" I asked, knowing full well he had not. He smiled a cheeky grin, and I shook my head, knowing he would come out with something stupid.

"Pues no, listo. Estoy esperando a que saquen la pelicula." He replies, and I groan in response, hitting him lightly on the arm. I turn to see Nadia shaking her head as she rolls her eyes, clearly not amused by his stupidity. Samuel, however, lets out a little laugh, and we make eye contact.

"It's in the rules," Nadia says, as we approach the end of the hallway, us staring at her in bewilderment, knowing she probably read through everything in detail.

"You've read the rules?" Samuel asks Nadia, as we approach a trophy at the end of the hallway. It wasn't the best-looking thing, but it meant something to the students here, which I'm sure we would find out soon.

"When your name is Nadia Shanaa, you better know what can get you expelled. Just in case." She says simply, and then Christian and Samuel stare at each other, before Christian's eyes light up and he runs off down the corridor to the right, rushing through the doors, leaving us to follow behind him.

"Pero si hay más piscina que colegio." Christian yells in excitement as we catch up to him, seeing the giant pool they advertised all over the school website. Samuel smiles at both me and Nadia, giving us a knowing look.

"A ti te gustaba nadar, no?" Nadia and I look at each other smiling before walking through the second set of doors, standing directly in front of the pool. As we walked around to the side of the pool, I giggled to myself before hearing a splash which made me realise we weren't alone. A boy wearing nothing but swimming briefs pushed himself up on the side of the pool, dripping as he took off his goggles and his hat, before grabbing his rolled-up towel and walking to the changing room, eyes lingering on both myself and Nadia. Samuel and Christian then walked ahead, and we followed them as they ended up in the gym.

"What else is against the rules?" Samuel asked Nadia, as we walked through the gym, Christian staring at the basketball team practising, a few of them glancing over at us in intrigue and curiosity.

"Drinking, smoking on the grounds, doing drugs." Christian starts laughing and Nadia looks at him confused. Samuel sighs.

"Good luck to you too then. Tienes que portarte bien." Samuel says, and Christian laughs.

"No Puedo comportarme. Lo Siento. Y sabemos que Jada es una chica mala." I shove him lightly, noticing Nadia shake her head in disappointment, and Samuel roll his eyes.

"I'm a good girl. At least while I'm at Las Encinas," And then I turn to Christian, "Tienes que mantener la cabeza abajo y estudiar." He rolls his eyes at me, before focusing his attention on the boys playing basketball. Christian always liked to play basketball, but I had a feeling that here he probably wouldn't.

"No planeo mantener mi cabeza baja y estudiar." And then he runs up to the basketball players, taking the ball from them and shooting it into the net. He calls back to them an apology as we walk out of the basketball court, and we end up back in the corridor.

"Hola!" A woman with long brunette hair strode over to ya, smiling as she did. With her books held to her chest with one hand, she extended the other out, shaking all of ours. She then welcomes us, introducing herself as one of the teachers at the school.

"Esta es vuestra aula.Esperad al tutor y cuando terminen las clases os asignare una armario." She smiles at us all, taking in all of our appearances. I smooth out my skirt, pulling it down slightly since it had ridden up a little, before returning to make eye contact with her. She had noticed my actions but didn't seem to be bothered. She then walks off, leaving us standing there.

"Sois Los Nuevos?" A girl with curly red hair walks over to us, her earrings jingling as she moved. I stared at her, and she smiled, looking at our faces before focusing on Samuel, who nodded in response to her question. She clicks her tongue, smiling as she wishes us good luck. Then she turns to me.

"I like your hair by the way. It's cute." She smiles, before turning away from us and entering the classroom. We stare into the classroom, noticing how close everyone seemed, and I shake my head, dreading our entrance. The others walk in first, following the curly-haired girl, with me slowly entering behind them. It was at that moment that I realised my mistake, looking at the four empty seats available to us. Three of the seats were close to each other, and one of them was beside a curly-haired boy, and behind what I could only assume were the popular kids. And of course, me being the last one in the classroom, I realised that I would be sitting in that seat.

"Mierda."