chapter 10

wooyoung san

san opened and closed his eyes slowly at the obnoxious beeping of his alarm, groaning as he reached over to turn the torture off.

he lay still for a second, and it wasn't until he properly opened his eyes that he remembered the events of last night.

the first thing he saw was the sleeping face of jung wooyoung, about two centimeters away from his own.

san gave a muffled scream, jerking away violently and tried to push the boy away. but he was entangled in wooyoung's embrace, and his struggle only made the other's grasp stronger.

"wooyoung!" he hissed, wriggling in vain as he filled with anxiety at the proximity.

"hmmsjk-" wooyoung mumbled groggily in response, keeping his eyes firmly shut.

"wake up! let go of me you- SJGSJ" san tried, but was cut off by a hand over his mouth.

"m'sleepy. shh."

"you're- I DON'T CARE! LET ME GO," he panicked, hitting wooyoung's arms repeatedly to get him to wake him and realize their position.

"well, this is pretty gay." jongho drawled, coming to see what the fuss was about on his way downstairs.

wooyoung immediately shot up at the sound of jongho's voice, withdrawing his arms from san's body. "morning."

"tsk, not impressed, san. not impressed." his brother chided, shaking his head and leaving the room without another word.

san let out a breath, scrambled out of the bed in relief and going after the exiting boy.

"it's not what it looks like!"

jongho held his hands up, taking a step back. "i don't want to know. just... be careful. he did punch you."

san's shoulders fell, glancing behind him at his bedroom door and clenching his jaw. "i know. don't think i've forgotten."

jongho nodded, turning away to make for the stairs.

"wait- where are you going?" san questioned, forgetting what day it was.

"...school?"

he whacked himself in the face, wincing at the reminder and staggering to his room to get ready hastily.

wooyoung was still sitting in his bed, so he directed him to the shower with a "and don't you dare think about coming out until you're dressed" before quickly throwing clothes on himself. (he showered the night before, and did not want to shower while wooyoung was in his house).

while wooyoung showered, san pondered what he had done last night. the thoughts kept ruminating in his head unceasingly, even though he had refused to revisit them. waiting impatiently for the constant subject of his discomfort, he mulled over the reasons for wooyoung's actions.

part of him did not want to forgive the other, but another part of him couldn't help but believe he was truly sorry for what he had done and deserved a second chance. but who kisses someone after punching them? was wooyoung just messing with him?

he didn't want it to be true, but the possibility was highly likely, and he had to take wooyoung's infamous reputation into consideration. san hated the way wooyoung made him feel; inarticulate and hesitant; unsure of all his words and actions.

as if the initial anxiety wasn't enough, everything wooyoung did plagued him with questions, their intensity a breeding ground for more disquietude on top of his underlying uneasiness.