15: Ona

Sorry it took so long. I'm having a bit of trouble writing to get to a certain spot. Thank you guys for being patient. ❤️

__________________🌻__________________

"So, who is it that wants to meet me?" Christian asked as he unloaded the dryer of our freshly washed clothes. The first week of his visit had gone by and it was now Saturday once again.

"My sister, Kiona." My voice was a bit shaky as I recalled her menacing persona threatening to kick my ass if I didn't let her meet him next time he was here...

** "Oh, so you jus gone get a man and not tell nobody? Explains why you been dippin in and out of church service. Also, did you REALLY have to go to Korea for your job, or did you just say that because you thought I'd judge you if it was just to see him?" My big sister Kiona said as we walked out of church into the parking lot to her car.

"One, I'm grown, two, I have a meter when I comes to church folk...you know that. And three YES. That trip was for work. I told you we literally just happened to end up working together. You don't listen!" We said as I helped her load my nephew's carrier into the back seat.

She went to buckle Jaylen, my niece, into her car seat and sat down on the driver's side while putting me in check, "Stop yellin, Okay? I'm still ya big sister, no matter how GROWN you are." She grinned and popped me on the butt as I went to take my spot on the passenger side, "Ol boy must be tearin dat ass up to have you all sprung like this," she said low enough so any minis couldn't hear. Jaylen was at that age where she would repeat anything she heard and it's gotten EVERYONE into trouble more than once.

"Oh my God, ONA!!!" I pouted as I went to snap myself in. I've always called her Ona since we were kids. As a baby, I never said her name right growing up and while everyone else was callin her Kiki, there I was sayin Ona(oh-na) and she DARED anyone to correct me.

"Am I lyin?" She gave me a knowing look as she cranked up the car.

"..."

"Thought so. So, next time he down here Ima meet him riiigggghhhht?" Her expression made it easy to know she was telling me rather than asking.

"Well I don't know when he'l-"

"Riiigggghhhtttt?!" She leaned in my direction and I could feel her passively suffocating aura clamping down on me all the while without even shifting her eyes from the road.

"Y-Yeah, dang. Geez, ever since you had Tré and Jaylyn, your control issues have gotten worse." I teased as she began to back off.

"Being a mom does that to you. Gotta keep everyone and everyTHING in check. You see on day... maybe sooner than later if yal keep goin at it." She said as she winked and  popped my thigh.

"Jesus, Ona! Sstooooopppppp!" I turned and swung at her while rubbing my stinging appendage. Damn she heavy handed.

"Mmhm. I better met him. Otherwise it's gonna be more than just a pop. And that goes for him too.**

"We gotta be to her house around 3 or so..." I say as I stop folding to peer down at my phone, checking the time.

"Well, that means we got a few hours to kill. You wanna-"

"No." I cut him off mid sentence, afraid of what he might be suggesting—my eyes shooting up in his direction as I stopped mid fold.

"What? I was gonna say go get coffee or something after we finish here." He frowned at how quickly I refused him and place a shirt on his stack.