e i g h t - i need to know these things

either way she's teasing me
and it's just so h a r d . . .

▪️▫️▪️

Sleep for me is vital. It's my time to recharge, recover and become reborn. It's my time to forget about everything and slip into my own world. It's my time.

And if you fuck up my time, I will actually turn into a demon from hell. And I will drag you back with me. But everyone knows that so I only have to turn into my alter ego when my morning bird for a best friend pushes the limit. Which is too often.

I woke up peacefully in my bed after a short week at school, a smile plastered on my face. We have a long weekend, with Thursday and Friday cancelled because of a teacher's convention. So having a four day weekend in front of me is putting me in a pretty damn good mood.

It's cold out too, with it being November now, and I always feel better sleeping when it's cold. I bundle myself up in a million blankets and refuse to move for about 2 days.

I yawned as I slowly emerged out of my throne, sliding my feet into a pair of moccasins and then walking down the stairs. I rubbed my eyes sleepily, making it down as my footsteps echoed on the hardwood floor.

It's quiet in my house, which is usual. My dad is at work and my mom is probably in her office or focused on something in the kitchen. I went to the kitchen and sure enough, spotted my mom at the stove.

"Morning, my sleepy child," she grinned at me.

"Hi Momma," I smiled back, walking to the island in the center and taking a seat at a stool. "What are you making now?"

"Pumpkin spice waffles," she sang as she poured some batter into the waffle maker. "Want some?"

"Is that a serious question?" I laughed. She laughed too and nodded, then poured me a cup of juice before she went back over to her waffles.

I took the cup in my hands and gulped some juice down, glancing out the kitchen window. There's a soft blanket of snow covering the ground, which must have happened overnight because it wasn't there yesterday.

"What are your plans for today?" My mom asked as she came back over and placed a plateful of pumpkin waffles before me.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged, drenching them in syrup. "I just know it felt really good to sleep in."

"I can tell by the fact that it's almost noon and you just got up," she chuckled. I smirked in return, continuing to eat the delicious waffles until there were no more left on my plate.

I sighed as I rested my hands on my stomach and she cast me a curious look. "Those had to be the best waffles I've ever had," I groaned in pain from being so full.

"Thanks, my love," she grinned with a nod. She opened her mouth again to speak, but the doorbell cut her off. She looked up at the clock, over at me and then at her watch. "Do you mind getting that? I just got inspired and I need to write the ingredients down before I forget," she rushed her words.

"Okay," I nodded with a laugh, then she ran out of the kitchen to go to her work room.

Typical of my mother. If something hits her, she has to write it down or else it's gone forever. And she's never in the greatest mood whenever that happens.