Chapter 15: Family Time

Chapter 15

~Two weeks later~

It's been two weeks. Two weeks of constant torture. Beau was still my trainer and he hasn't been taking it easy on me. Every day was the same routine, wake up, eat breakfast, Thane would drive us to the field then training begun with that god awful Beau.

For everyday of the first week he had me running. Pushing me to run faster and faster while increasing my laps. My body ached and I was sore by the next day but he didn't care and Thane wasn't always around to save me.

I came to realize a little bit more of what Thane did...sort of. I knew he trained the pack members with Beau and Lucas. He also did paperwork in his office but I could tell he hated it and procrastinated till the last minute. Thane also ran the perimeter of the land, it was called border patrol, where they ensured that no one crossed into their territory without permission.

As for me, Thane said that my Luna job was more of a motherly instinct. I would eventually learn on my own what I should do but it mostly required being a mother to the pack whenever anyone needed me as well as helping him in making decisions for the pack. But for now he wanted me training so I could protect myself from 'unforeseeable danger'. However Beau thought that the first thing I should master was the art of running. He instructed me that I should first run from danger instead of facing it head on. But that's if I ever encountered such situations.

I thought he was joking at first but with the week of constant running I knew he was serious. When I was on a break however he made me analyze the fighters so I could have an idea of what my training entailed and what techniques I'll be using.

I can now successfully say that after two weeks I was faster than I was before and I knew a few self defense mechanisms to save my ass in case I was in danger.

Maybe I could beat up Thane, steal his jeep and go back home. That would work except he could easily overpower me and there was border patrol that was ten times faster than me.

Thane and I have however have been getting along. We haven't really been together alone for long because he had his myriad alpha duties and I was training. But besides that we have a routine now and I kind of, sort of, maybe, just a little bit have a crush on him.

But who wouldn't? He was the epitome of a Greek God and his physique was impeccable. How did a not hot girl like me land with a handsome beast, literally, like him for a mate?

Luckily for me, Abigail stopped coming around the both of us. Seems like she finally took the hint.

I was just finishing up my cool downs when I saw Thane helping out some wolves. I also got accustomed to having them around. Knowing that they were humans under all that fur eased my tension. Plus having Thane around most of the times helped immensely because deep down I knew he wouldn't allow anything hurt me, including himself.

"And thank the Moon Goddess I am done with you!" Beau exclaimed as I gave him a look. We became friends after a few days even though we acted like we couldn't stand each other's presence.

"What do you mean? By the way Beau you smell." I said waving my hand in front of me when I approached him.

He gave me a glare but proceeded to sniff his arm pits anyways. "What I meant is that your training with me is finally done, I could practically feel my headache ease." He teased.

I stuck my tongue out at him like the child that I was, "Oh hush, you know you're going to miss me."

"Contrary to what you think Emery, I prefer to train real fighters who wouldn't use their mate to beat my ass." He replied proudly.