Chapter 25: Scheming Brat

"Actually on second thought, take me to the person who asked you to do such a task." Yusheng growls out, a sinister spark igniting in his eyes. 

To think someone tasked these small children to do such a thing. Yusheng was positive that whoever had asked them to do this was aware of what exactly Agate was and thus was sending them to get killed. Almost everyone in the palace knew to steer clear from Agate, especially when he was alone.

"O-f course" Fu stutters out as the four of  them begin to make their way back to the servant chambers.

In the meantime, a group of teenagers were slacking off their duties and were huddled around a table in the servant's chambers.

"Kuo, you have really outdone yourself this time. To think you sent those 3 fool's to get a strand of hair from the mighty Agate." A boy calls out, praising the leader known as Kuo.

"So what is your master plan this time Kuo, are you not worried that they might get injured or even worse, killed?" Another boy asks grinning as his chubby hand reaches for a juicy apple before biting into it. Urns of wine lay scattered across the floor along with other scraps of fruit peel. On the table were various pouches filled with coins.

Kuo smiles as he swings his cup of alcohol, watching the liquid swirl around.  Kuo had extremely angular monolid eyes which were a dark purple. His dark looks were only further complimented by his spiky black hair which extended into a long mullet that reached his belly button.

"Oh Ji, you are my twin yet so stupid to catch on to Kuo's plans. Those kids will soon come running back once they see the many signs warning them to avoid entering unless they wish to die. But their temptation will get the better of them and they will give in and eat the oranges, just like all our other victims. And what happens then?" Li asks, letting out a sinister smile.

"They will come back empty-handed, with no oranges and no horse hair. As they broke the deal, they must be punished and offer something in return by a certain time frame. However this task will be too hard to accomplish for a mere servant boy and interest will be added on, their debt growing larger and larger as they struggle to pay us."  Kuo glances at the two boys who were identical twins, taking a sip of his alcohol. His voice was low and extremely cold.

The two twins were quite chubby with round faces, however, they had beautiful green eyes. When Kuo first started this scamming business he saw the possibilities that could arise when having intelligent twins, so he quickly brought them aboard. Little did he know that from all this food, they would suddenly get fat despite the workload they had as servants. 

"As we exert more pressure on them, they will crack, trying to give everything and anything in order to clear their debt, and that, is our pathway to surviving in this awful place." Kuo grins as he licks his lips, gesturing towards one of the boys to pour him some alcohol.

When they fail to do so, he looks up, only to see them frozen and staring wide-eyed at him. Just what was wrong with them? He was just about to speak when he hears a whistle behind him.

A strong hand reaches towards the alcohol urn in front of him before Yusheng begins to pour the liquid into the small cup Kuo was still holding out in front of him. Kuo freezes, unable to move as the cup he was holding begins to overflow, spilling alcohol all over his fingers.

Yusheng grins as he plucks the cup from Kuo's hand before taking a sip. 
"My, my, my. To think a servant boy could be so daring." Yusheng drawls out as he strolls around. He picks up a money bag as he weighs it on his palm before dropping it back onto the table with a loud thunk. He then proceeds to dance his fingers over the large portion of food before finally settling on an apple and sinking his teeth into it.