Chapter 16

"Nathaniel. Nate. Nathy. Natheo. Nathaniel!" I chanted, as I hovered over his bed. His eyeslids fluttered open, and he grumbled.

"What do you want?"

I made an 'o' with my mouth. "Someone's grumpy."

He rolled over, and burried his face in the pillow on the couch.

I continued to push him. "Nathaniel!"

"Ugh, what?"

I checked my watch. "Were going to be late!" The plane leaved in three hours, and we were asked to be there two hours in advance. Lavender had already went to school, and we told the school I would be out sick for the next couple days.

He cursed. "Right. Five hours on a plane, with you."

I frowned. "What are you talking about?"

He sarcastically laughed. "Oh, nothing."

"Okayy. Well, I already put your stuff in the car."

Nathaniel got up, and made his way to the bathroom."Whatever, Pippy Long Stocking."

I scratched my head in confusion. "I don't have red hair."

He turned around slightly. "Oh, but the personalities are quite similiar."

And than, he shut the door.

*-*

We pulled off onto the JFK exit, and I was nearly jumping out of my seat.

He rolled his eyes. "Have you ever even been on an airplane?"

I shook my head.

We pulled up to the designated terminal, and he opened his door. "Fantastic." He grumbled.

I mimicked him, and did the same. I looked around, and races of many cultures were surrounding us. I was amazed.

Nathaniel grunted, as he hauled the suitacases out of the trunk. "A little help here?"

"Oh! Right." I rushed over, and reached under the bag to lift. I touched his hand by accident, and it was a chilling warmth.

He flinched as I touched him, and my face scrunched slightly. Why was he being so... cold?"

We heaved it to the ground, and started on the next one. "Jesus, Nathaniel. How much stuff did you pack?"

He shrugged. "Nothing you need to be worried about."

A pang of hurt shot through me, but I ignored it. Together, we rolled the suitacases in to the check-in counter.

The woman was dressed in a very sophisticated uniformed dress, and her hair was slicked back into a bun. She was very pretty, and as soon as she cought a glimpse of Nathaniel, she reached up and ran a hand through her hair.

She cleared her thraot, after batting her eyelashes. Jelousy ran through me. Nathaniel, as usual, didn't seem to notice. "Hello, and where are you flying today?"

"Las Angelas."

She nodded, and started to type on her keyboard. "Names?

Nathaniel handed her his passport, and I tried to hold in a laugh. She looked at him. "Sir, Las Angelas isn't out of the country. You won't need your passport today."

His face slightly reddened, and I piped up. "Lindsey Garland, and Nathaniel Sky."

Her gaze flickered to Nathanial, than back to me. "Very well, than." She looked down, and continued to type. "How many bags will you be checking in?"