22.

Guns firing

Guns firing... bullets... run... escape...

Leo... Leo...

Leo got shot...

"Leo!" I screamed as I woke up gasping for air. I was in an unfimilar room. From the looks of it, I was in a hospital room.

I felt strong arms wrapped against me.

"Hey... Shhh. It's okay. Everything is okay." Leo's voice murmured in my ear.

All the events of last  night washed over me. That incident, those gunshots and that bloodshed. I almost killed a man and I didn't even know him. Tears gushed out and I couldn't help but cry when I recalled it all.

Leo hugged me tighter, careful to not touch my injured shoulder.

"You're alive... you're alive... you're alive...." He mumured.

What I did was not correct but I did it for self-defense and to protect someone I loved. I regretted killing someone but I did what I had to do and given a chance, I'd do the same for Leo if I ever could. Fuck, I was actually in love with him.

He released from his hug and lifted my face. I noticed his puffy eyes and the dark circles around his eyes. His face was unkempt and hair messy. I've never seen his dark eyes look so sad.

"Don't ever do that again and I mean it."

I crossed my arms, "You can't tell me what to..."

Before I could complete my sentence, I felt his lips on mine. His lips were so soft and warm and his calloused hand cupped my cheek. This time, he did not hold back even a bit. He kissed me like he was drowing in water and I was air.

He paused for just a moment and then pulled me closer and deepened the kiss. The swirls of his tongue and the hint of pain when he nibbled my lips made me shudder. I forgot everything else. It was like that the world was just made up of him and I.

Suddenly, he pulled back. I struggled to keep my eyes open – I was still dazed from the kiss. He looked sheepish and blushed. I was confused and I guess he noticed my dazed out look. He glanced at the heart rate monitoring machine.

Great, this was so embarassing. My heart was legit galloping and Leo could hear it. I wished I could just disappear.        

"So – Sorry."

He chuckled and took my hand in his. He gently brushed his lips on my knuckles.

"I feel the same way." He said.

He took my hand and placed it on his chest. I felt his heartbeats mimicing the beeping in the monitor.

He continued, "I'm sorry for lying to you and putting you in danger, I should've been honest since the start. But I was so in denial about my feelings towards you."