23.

A week had passed and Andrew gave me the green signal to resume my work

A week had passed and Andrew gave me the green signal to resume my work. Poor Emily had been working over time in my absence and I just hope my troublesome clients did not drive her to insanity. I arrived at my office and waved at Emily – she was on call with someone. She gestured me to wait. After she finished her call she turned to me.

"Your boyfriendsent you flowers." Emily hissed. "When was I supposed to know that you were dating someone?" 

"Ummm... It just slipped."

Seriously why is everyone obessed with my love life?

"Liar." Emily rolled her eyes. "Although I did not take you to be into bad boys." Emily teased. "Who would've thought you and Leo? The first time you guys met you were ready to kill each other."

"Yeah even I did not expect to like him. But then things happened"

I couldn't help but smile. Leo and I had come a long way.

"You have a lunch date today." Emily said, smiling teasingly. "Oh and your boyfriendis an old-fashioned romantic. Love letters, flowers and cutesy nicknames. He calls you a doll." She emphazised the word boyfriend.

I felt my face buring up.

"Don't you know it's rude to read someone's personal letters?"

"Pftt." Emily waved dismissively. "A good friend respects your privacy a best friend violates it.. especially if it is something related to romance."

"Fair enough." I shrugged. "I'd have done the same with you."

I went in my cabin and saw a bunch of red tulips on my table. . Emily had already found a glass vase and filled it with water for the flowers. Seriously, what would I do without her? As someone who did a course on flower symbolism, I would say I was impressed. I did not expect him to send the flowers that symbolised true love, I expected cliched roses. I need to ask him if he knows flower language.

My eyes fell on the letter written on handmade scented paper. Again, his attention to detail impressed me. My wedding planner instincts had an acute sense of aesthetics and I was surprised Leo managed to live by my impossibly high level aesthetic – that guy was as extra as me and he's definately my soulmate.

He had written in cursives and I felt my heart race. A guy with a good handwriting, what more could I ask for? The letter read –

Dear Meg,

I cannot stop thinking about you and it is affecting my work. Seriously, I almost shot myself because I was engrossed with your thoughts. I've been missing you so badly that I took the liberty of setting up a lunch date for two of us. Think of it like a pre-welcome party before your big welcome home party, this is  a more intimate sort of party. I hope you're free this afternoon and you can make it to Moretti mansion for our date.