Hiding

Nahee's POV

"Chisaki!" I exclaim and jump to the other side of my cage. Her warm embrace holds me and grounds me in my panic. I sob into her ripped small clothing and rub my head all over her shoulder.

"Shhhhhh-Shhhhhh Nahee." Her Voice and small circles drawn on my back brings my shaking body down from its original trauma and my tears slowly cease. "There you go little doe there you go..."

Her fluffy long tail wraps around me causing my body to relax fully into her embrace and she chuckles. I quickly pull back and examine her much larger form then mine. Luckily not many bruises and cuts show on her skin and I fee relieved. She even filled out a bit meaning she was eating at least somewhat.

Her eyes widen as she gives the air a sniff.

"Nahee! You found your mate!" She yells but quickly takes a sniff again. "Mates!" She corrects and I laugh. I missed her bubbly squirrel self and in a way it reminded me of my Hobi. I sniffle at the remembrance and cuddle closer to the bigger girl.

"I'm s-so sorry!" I hiccup. She shushed me again and smoothed down my hair brushing last my ears causing my eyes to close.

"It's okay little doe, your okay. You got out once yeah? Now you have big strong mates looking for you hm? You'll be out of here in no time." She reassures.

"I'm sorry I d-didn't come back." I apologize again. She sadly looks down at me.

"Oh little one, I didn't want you to come back remember? I wanted you to be free." She soothed and led me to the corner of the cage again and sat us both down.

"Now tell me about these mates of yours hm?" She distracts me for the time being as I fill her thoughts with what it's been like outside these caged walls. I tell how sweet and protective they are and how they always take my best interest in mind. I tell her about how I feel so safe and loved by them all. I also mention how I'm in Namjoon's shirt-which luckily still smells like him- and Chisaki swoons. I talk about their professional lives and what they do and their schedules are.

She lets me talk, asking questions to keep my mind distracted. So distracted that when a man waltzed by I didn't even notice. However Chisaki did.

"My my my, little doe is already settled huh?" He sneers. I'm snapped out of my fantasy and whimper at him curling up into the squirrel. He body language immediately went as intimidating as she could as she placed herself in front of me. She had always been extremely protective of me, our bond goes back to when we first came here together to now.

She's like my big sister.

"Move squirrelly." He deadpans.

"No."

"Move it, im warning you."

"I said no." She spits. The situation was all to familiar as my body shook. This man wanted me for some reason and Chi was trying to get herself into trouble so I wouldn't be focused on.

She would've been fine if I wasn't here.

"That's it." The man unlocks the cage and Chisaki shoved me behind her and into the corner of the cage harsher then I think she meant.

I whimpered at the sharp metal that now scratched my cheek, from the bone down to my lip. I could feel a trickle of blood down my face as I shook. Chi looked at me as the man grabbed her roughly and threw her out of the cage and walked out of sight.

I cried.

I sobbed.

I felt useless,

Weak.

I wanted to go home and I wanted Chisaki back. In this place she was the only thing that helped me calm down and not hyperventilate. Which currently I was doing now. It really didn't help when all the lights shut off in one fell swoop signaling lights out and we where not allowed to make a peep.

This is the most deadly time.

The time where nobody cares what happens to the 'cargo'.

The hybrids.

I shook and tried to stay as still as possible muffling my tears as I heard boots clad on the ground. Near me more whimpers and whines resonated as the sound grew closer. Suddenly it stopped though.

I was terrified.

I don't know how long I stayed curled there and muffling my cries but whoever was near, hadn't moved.

Was it new security? A new guard? A new enforcer?

Either way I would not let them know I was here.

Jerking out of my thoughts I heard a loud sob from a couple cages away and I shook harder.

No

Be quiet they will hurt you if you don't stop.

I wanted to warn them. To ease their pain and let them sleep. To make sure they where okay.

It sounded like a child and that thought alone made my stomach churn to the point I dry heaved into my hand.

You don't want them to know your here.

Quickly I heard the steps pace back to life and over to the cage where the sobs where quickly replaced with screaming.

Not just sob screaming though.

No. It was much worse than a sob scream. I wish it was such a docile thing.

It was a blood curdling scream that I knew would haunt my nightmares for time to come. I know knew it was a child, their high pitched shrill couldn't be reached by a teen let alone an adult. I couldn't handle it as I let out an audible sob along with the poor child.

Then just like that the screams stopped. The worst wasn't over though, now whoever just commuted the atrocious act is bored and ready to strike again.

I didn't sleep that night and I doubted I would ever sleep again if without my boys at home or the familiar squirrel that I feared the worst for.

Please be okay.