Chapter Twenty

Between long days of work and dedicating a lot of their free time to family and friends, it hardly felt like Renata and James had a moment to themselves as a couple

Between long days of work and dedicating a lot of their free time to family and friends, it hardly felt like Renata and James had a moment to themselves as a couple. Whether it was one working later than the other, exhausted so they fell into bed, or were called upon by someone for assistance, date nights had taken a hit. However, they weren't the only ones to notice and leave it to the man that got them together in the first place to assist with allowing them to take a night off. When Sirius came knocking on their door one Friday morning, James and Renata should have known something was up right away. Especially since Sirius greeted them with such a smile that noted he had a plan all worked out.

But he claimed that he wasn't there with any hidden motives or ill intent, he simply wanted to share a nice weekend with his favourite (and only) godson, Harry.

Thinking back to when Sirius had tried to set them up on their first date, which hadn't exactly gone as planned, James and Renata figured it out rather quickly. However, at the time as the two looked at one another, they could admit that they could use a couple of days to themselves. It would nice not to play host to a slumber party or be called upon for something, it would just be the two of them and with the offer on the table, it didn't take James or Renata long to agree to it.

Sirius had never seen them pack a bag for Harry so quickly, even with the use of magic and within just a few minutes, they were being waved out the door. Sirius had a hold of Harry's hand, the two of them looking at each other as the front door to the Potter Cottage was closed behind them.

"Well then," Sirius muttered, " apparently I should have made the offer a lot sooner, they seemed slightly desperate, didn't they?"

Taking Harry's hand, Sirius led the way as they were going to be meeting Adelmo for a late lunch after the Healer was off his shift. And then they would have the weekend together to play the Spoiling Uncles to Harry.

Meanwhile, back inside the cottage, Renata was slightly embarrassed that it looked like they were too quick to get rid of Harry for a couple of days. It wasn't like they had grown tired of him, it was just a nice opportunity to be able to be around each other without having to include Harry in just about everything. The parent life was a long and hard one, some days, including their careers and with how young they were, they probably never expected a quiet home to sound so good. She hoped that James didn't take it in the wrong manner, believing that she was growing tired of anything, but as she turned to him to explain, there was obviously no need.

The cheeky grin on James' face said it all.

It seemed he had been refraining from grabbing her right at the moment, just to make sure that Sirius and Harry didn't return to the home after forgetting something. But the coast seemed clear enough for him as he reached out and gently pulled Renata towards him.

"Is it possible to live under the same roof as someone and actually miss them?" he questioned. "Because I miss you."

Before she could answer, James hardly waited as he brought her into a strong kiss. And just like that, Renata was transported to the time where James had first kissed her on the steps of the old flat. The way he held her tight as if he couldn't stand any sort of gap being between them. The way he kissed her appeared to be more than enough evidence that he did miss her and in a way, she knew what he was talking about, she missed him too.