| 50| separate paths

*1 week later*

The pain in Daisy's big brown eyes was something Timothée knew would never go away. Even after the funeral and the flight back to New York, she still had not reached her breaking point.

Any normal person who had suffered a terrible loss would have brought it up, talked about it, let it out. But Daisy did no such thing. Every time Harvey's name was brought up she would leave the room or change the subject. She wore a smile every once in a while but no one believed it to be true.

They could all see her holding back the tears. But she refused to admit that Harvey's death impacted her. 'I'm staying.' Timothée says, with finality in his voice. As if nothing Daisy was about to say would change his mind. But Daisy looks up at him with furrowed eyebrows and her arms crossed over her chest as she prepares her next words.

'No. You are not staying.' She says and for the first time after an entire week of fake smiles and fake happiness tears begin to well up in her eyes as she looks at Timothée with pure sadness.

'Daisy I'm not going to London, I need to be here for you.' He says this as he pulls her into a hug, holding her as tightly as possible. This was his way of showing her that he meant it, that he wasn't just being nice and that he needed to stay back for her.

But after a moment of feeling comfort in his embrace Daisy pulls away and she is shaking her head in protest. 'You need to go back to London. Timothée if you stay here for me that will only make me feel worse.'

'And why is that?'

'Because I'll feel guilty for holding you back!' her voice gets louder which indicated that she was aggravated with him. Of all the things that have been going on her life, she doesn't need him adding this to the plate. If he stays, that means he misses out on a huge opportunity. And she can't have that, she refuses to be the cause of that.

'But you aren't holding me back Daisy.' He says walking closer towards her. 'This is my fucking decision not yours.' His hands cup her cheeks and he looks into her painful eyes with a similar painful look 'And I choose you.'

They stand there in silence, Daisy allows a tear to escape the confines of her eye and Timothée is quick to wipe it away before it reaches her chin. 'Timothée... please don't do this.' She whispers chocking back a sob. 'You know how much shit I've had to go through lately. Don't add this to my plate too.'

But Timothée is confused as he looks at her. He removes his hands from both her cheeks and takes a step back. 'I thought you'd be happy.' He says, hurt in his voice.

Daisy nods. 'You're right. You do make me happy. But you know what will make me happier? You going to London and finishing up your movie. Timmy it's just three weeks, we have survived it before and we can survive it again.' she explains but the boy still stands far away from her, keeping his distance.

'Plus, I'm filming a movie really soon. My agent called last night and I was meaning to tell you. So whether or not you stay, I'm leaving.' Timothée's heart drops. It was as if she had dropped a bomb on him. But he doesn't utter a word.

He knows she is rushing everything because she needs to get her mind off what happened to Harvey. And he knows that this movie is going to be a distractionfor her, so she can forget about every bad thing that was occurring in her life. So he doesn't protest, or tell her she hurt him. Instead he just nods. 'Okay. I'll go. But under one condition.' He finally steps towards her. Closing the space that was once between them.

'What?'

'You need to promise to call or text me every day. No matter what. So I know you're doing okay.' Timothée says putting both of his hands back on her cheeks and inching closer towards her. Daisy nods and this gives him approval to lean in closer and place a sweet kiss on her lips.

She doesn't protest, instead she kisses him back harshly and aggressively. Wanting him more and more with every second that passes by. The kiss grows heated fast, and Daisy's hands are roaming from his neck to his shoulders, all the way down to his chest. Clutching onto his blouse and trying to unbutton it but Timothée stops her before she can open another button.

'No.' he breathes. 'Not now.' and she complies. She drops her hands back to her sides and leans in one more time to kiss him before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind her, leaving him in there all alone.