Chapter 76

Layla's POV

A few days pass and it's Saturday.

I can't help but think about how excited I would be if I was still back in England with my friends.

Saturday's always meant no school for me. But now it's just a regular day like everyday.

I lay in bed with my knees up, my chin resting on top as I release a tired sigh. Donald and them lot are probably in uni right now. God I miss them so much, I hope they're doing well.

And Jack..

I missed him too, but my feelings for him had obviously faded away, its been almost two years since I saw all of them.

I just hope we could be friends again one day.

I hadn't slept much last night and when I did they were filled with nightmares about my past.

I guess I was going through another one of my suckish days. I don't know how much I spent crying but I ended up not sleeping at all and watched Haters Back Off series by Miranda Sings on Netflix instead.

My mind was still reminiscing Killian, grandma and my friends. And still haunted by my ex family.

I rub my bloodshot eyes as Luca enters the room and when he sees me he frowns.

When I said I was stronger I meant it. Not the average strength a normal person perhaps would call it.

But for me I had definitely improved mentally. From getting upset every single day, to only a few times a month was a mass improvement.

When I used to get called a crybaby I believed that it was true and that crying was a bad thing. That I was weak.

But now as I grow up I realise I am not weak, maybe in other people's eyes but not mine and surely not the ones I'm close to. The rest are just irrelevant to me.

I accepted that there are many (way too many) bullying idiots in this world so there was no point trying to please anybody. Haters are always gonna hate.

I accepted that crying however times I do doesn't mean I'm weak. And whoever thinks it is are just really emotionally unintelligent people.

And that's their problem.

"Layla?"

I snap out of my daze. Turning my head to Luca who was staring at me, worriedly. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just feel a bit sick that's it." I force a smile, shrugging.

He nods in response, his eyes telling me he knew exactly what was up with me.

"Are you sure you don't want to see a therapist?" His question surprises me.

He hasn't asked me about that since I left that toxic mansion where my so-called family lived.

I nod.

"I'm sure. There's nothing wrong with me, I swear. I'm just having one of those bad days." I respond and he sighs.

"Alright." He says after a while and I smile at him.

"I'll go eat breakfast in a bit." I say before he can ask me. He smiles in response and nods and then leaves.