Kids Quote Greek Philosophers Nowadays?

Logan Mercier

He was beautiful.

Never in my lifetime had I ever thought I'd describe a man as beautiful, it was always women and girls but that changed as soon as I saw Achilles Morgan.

Even his name held some sort of beauty of its own.

Ace had tousled white-blonde hair, which was thick and lustrous. His eyes were a mesmerizing deep forest green, flecks of silvery light performed ballets throughout. His face was strong and soft all in one, with a structured jaw and round cheeks. He had light eyebrows, which sloped downwards one longer than the other with his right one split in two by the vicious scar that sat on the side of his face. His lips were always twisted up in a playful smile unless he really was angry. His perfect lips were ripe for the kissing. His strong hands, slightly rough from years of constant use.

Everything about him was beautiful and despite what he's said about finding himself attractive he really didn't understand just how handsome he was. All he saw were the scars and the flaws which in the end made him all the more amazing.

Flaws. Boy, was he full of them. The scar through his eye and his cheekbone. His coldness towards people. His ability to scare away anyone that looked at him. However, that is usually only how deep people saw into him. But me? I saw him fully. I saw past all the nastiness that consumed him and saw what he truly was.

Beautiful.

Because what is a human being without their flaws? I knew that the flaws of those around him, no matter how hideous they are, make people who they are. They make everyone individual and their own person.

Ace would laugh if I told any of this to his face but I was his mate whether he wanted to admit it or not and that meant I got to see him from a different perspective.

I have had time to think a lot this past week. Despite being fascinated with the idea of mates for years I never really did understand just what having a mate would feel like or mean.

Everything is overwhelming when it comes to that person. Your emotions, your attraction, your needs, and your physical reaction to them. It was slightly terrifying but even in the worst situation I never ran away.

This situation was made entirely worse by the fact that Ace was male. Not once had I been enticed to anyone in the same sex as me but I wouldn't lie to myself and say that I wasn't attracted to Ace. Everything about him made my mouth water.

The first night I had discovered Ace was my mate I had spent hours just running and howling at the moon in frustration. My refusal to admit my complete and utter attraction to Ace had my inner wolf wanting to slap me and now I didn't blame him.

When I did finally admitted it to myself, I was worried how I'd feel but instead of panic, all I could feel was a deep sense of peace fall over my body as if I had been tense my entire life just waiting for that truth to make itself known.

I decided to stop thinking and just go with it. My father didn't like it, I knew that but not because Ace was male or maybe so but I think it's mainly because he's not exactly normal. He's an omega, rude, reckless, a con man, and has a million other crimes under his belt.

My father would have to get over it eventually and accept my fate as no one was in control of which two souls were destined to be intertwined. Nobody but the moon goddesses and they weren't exactly easy to get a hold of. It wasn't like we could just call them up and be like 'hey I think you've got this whole mate thing wrong. Do you think I could get a new one?' Although I know Achilles wishes he could.

I sighed quietly but then my lips quirked up as I watched the two boys in front of me. This morning I had been rushing around and helped the children that were saved yesterday get back to their homes.