Chapter Seventeen

Songs for this chapter:
• fake smile - Ariana Grande
• Ripple Effect - Scott Helman

Chapter Seventeen:

Bryce's POV

Blossom promptly passed out curled up on the couch merely a few minutes after we stopped speaking. I know that I'm a creep for intently watching her sleep like this, but she looks so adorable.

I'm starting to understand why Edward would watch Bella sleep; seeing Blossom so peaceful like this is heartwarming.

Get a grip, Bradshaw, I tell myself, running my hands through my hair.

The sound of the lock clicking open sounds through the room, and I shoot straight up in my seat as I'm unsure as of to who will come bursting through the door.

From what I've seen so far of the people around here, I'm completely disgusted. Sure, they're not all like that sick bastard at the house party, but the scenario put a bad taste in my mouth.

There was no real reason for me to come upstairs looking for Blossom, but thank fucking God I did. I felt my heart completely stop when I saw him with his hands all over her, and I instantly felt insanely protective.

I know more than she thinks, which compelled me to get her out of there even quicker. History really does seem to repeat itself.

To my delight, which is odd for me to say, a sober Mateo walks into the house, practically hauling Jasmine and Jordan, who are both drunk as shit, in his arms. He slams the door shut behind them, and I note that Ryan isn't with them.

"I'd bet money that Ry is hooking up with that Ethan guy right now," Jasmine hiccups, easily answering my question.

I had begun to scroll through my YouTube comment sections after Blossom fell asleep, and I shut down the laptop, setting it down on the table.

Blossom doesn't stir despite the commotion everybody else is making, but I still press a finger to my lips, silently shushing the trio.

Mateo glances towards Blossom, taking his coat off and hanging it up in the closet by the door.

I'm glad to see the two of them have yet another thing in common.

"Hey Bryce!" Jasmine chimes, completely oblivious to my attempts to shut her up.

"What were you two up to in here?" she asks, raising an eyebrow at me and winking before bursting out into laughter again.

Jordan starts laughing too, and Mateo gives them both a shove.

Jordan stumbles over to the island in the kitchen, pulling out one of the barstools and taking a seat. Judging by how wasted he is, I honestly expected him to miss the seat entirely and fall on his ass. Unfortunately he doesn't, and when he settles himself he says, "You know Lexi. It's not like she's ever done anything with anybody before, so why would she now?"

I regret telling Blossom that I liked this guy earlier, because now I want to slap him right across the face.

"Don't talk about her like that," Mateo and I both snap in perfect unison.

I slowly turn to look at him and his eyes are wide.

"Hot damn," I hear Jordan say, and just like that I stand up from my seat, walking over to Blossom's sleeping body and scooping her up into my arms. She weighs practically nothing and I can lift her easily, but this earns me a death stare from Blondie over there.

"Chill. I'm bringing her up to her bed, that's all," I tell him, and he backs down.

Smart dude.