Chapter 5

5.

Santana.

"Saint!" Ay'ana yelled, breaking my trance. "What's up?" I asked, placing my phone on the nightstand. "I'm sick of you and that phone. I was telling you that my sister is coming into town. I want you to meet her." She said, and I frowned.

"Nah, why would I do that?" I asked, and she made a face, before she shook her head. "So we're back to that shit?" She asked, and I raised an eyebrow. "What shit? What are you even talking about?" I questioned, and she made a face, before I noticed tears welling in her eyes.

"Chill, I was just fucking with you. Hazel, that's your sister right?" I asked, and she hit me in the chest. "I fucking hate you." She said, as she wiped her face.

"You crazy lately, are you pregnant?" I asked, half serious. I had been strapping, but lately I felt as if her mood swings were crazy. She was always about to cry about some shit, and I hated it. I could understand her being upset at the thought I didn't want to meet her family, but I had told her a few weeks before I would, and obviously she hadn't remembered.

"No I'm not pregnant." She said, with an attitude. "How you know?" "Because, I just had my period. We didn't see each other last week, remember." She said, and I shook my head. "No I was working last week." I clarified. She had thought I was avoiding her, but in reality I had been working on some major deals where I didn't even really see her or talk to Xurhi the week before.

"Take a test," I told her, and she sucked her teeth. "No!" "You're acting weird as fuck, your whole energy." I said, and she rolled her eyes. "I'm not taking a pregnancy test." She said firmly.

"You're acting hella defensive, over nothing. If you're not pregnant, you're not pregnant." "And what happens if I am?" She asked, raising her brow. I paused, my mouth going dry, not knowing how to respond.

"So you are?" "What if I am? You're going to tell me to get rid of it?" She asked, and I sucked my teeth. "What the fuck? Did I say that?" "No, but it's always we're not together, and I'm not this and I'm not that." She said, and I sighed, realizing she wanted to argue.

"I'm not on this with you right now. I'll bring you a test tomorrow." "Don't bother, I'll make sure to abort it by then." She said as I grabbed my phone. "Don't you ever fucking speak on aborting my kid." I said, harshly.

She didn't say anything else, as I left and went outside to my car. I sighed, and looked at the time seeing it was almost 7. I knew Xurhi was off work, and decided to call her.

It rang for awhile before she finally answered. "Hello," "What's good with you?" I asked. "I'm writing, I'll call you back." She said, before hanging up on me. I hated her fucking attitude more than my own, but decided to pull up on her anyway since I knew where she'd be.

We'd been kicking it semi regularly for the past month, between occasional meet ups and regular phone calls. I was still feeling her, but she had my ass on a line, and it seemed the closer I got the further she pushed me away.

She reminded me of myself a bit, it made for an  inconvenience at times, but helped me understand her also. I drove to her side of town, and made my way to the Wash N Go Laundromat.

From my car, I could see her with her headphones in, with a notepad as she seemed a bit zoned out. I had seen her write on occasion, and the process was something else. Her talent was undeniable, and the way she created was all her own.

I let her be for a few minutes, before I got out, and headed inside. I found a chair beside her, and she still didn't notice me as her hand penned furiously. She sang lowly, and after listening to whatever it was, I felt it, like I always did.