Chapter~Fourteen

Emma glanced up from where she was layed sprawled on bed as her bedroom door pushed opened, showing a very tall handsome looking Chris with Blue in his arms fast asleep. Instantly, she shot up right on the bed and turned on the bedside lamp, then she was able to see her son and son's father's cleary.

"I'll lay him beside me." Emma was making for her son, before Chris shook his head and skillfully made his way over to his cot and laid him down. Blue stirred in his sleep for a moment, but then later fall into a deep slumber.

Still standing behind him awkwardly, she asked Chris for he couldn't stop watching their son sleep. "Do you want him to sleep in your bedroom tonight instead?"

Chris dark-brown eyes flared up at her right then in surprise. "You trust me with your son?"

Her son? When had he started using that word. Apparently it's had always been our son. His words that's  it.

"Of course you are his father."

"That's doesn't justify trusting our son on me." he signed exasperatedly and leaned away from Blue's cot. Standing tall before the maid now, Chris was slightly tempted to let out to her what had transpired between his mom about Blue. Emma won't only freak out. She would no doubt never let him near their son again. And God forbid she made flit to an unknown land. Thus making its hell hard to find them.

Thrusting his hands into his pents pocket, he hide them in other to conceal his oncoming anger from her. Her blue ocean eyes still staring up at him in shock, Chris resorted. "You've got to accept my marriage proposal already, Emma. The earlier we get married, the better it's would be for Blue." Well, in his case that's it. If he gets to marry Emma before his mother find out who the real mother of his son is. There's definitely nothing she could do to stopped the deed after fully entrusting his entire wealth and fortune to his son, and of course the mother of his child. It's a win-win situation. Why can't she sees that now?. Life's not that cruel in making a maid a billionaire over night, is it?

"But I don't understand..." Emma began to say but Chris shunned her off.

"You don't have to understand every little piece of the arrangement here, Emma. It's simple. We get married. I'll entrust my fortunes and wealth to our son. And as the mother to my only son, you've automatically became part of the deal. So for the last time, Emma. Is it a yes or no?. I promise the instant you give me what I didn't want to hear, then—"

"Yes."

Chris blinked as he paused on lashing out his threats. "What did you say?"

"Yes, I will marry you." Emma held his dark eyes unflinching. "What mother wouldn't want the best for her son?. Blue deserves his birth right and I can't deny him that because of my resentment"

Now Chris frowned deeply. "Resentment to whom?"

"To those who calls my baby a bastard."

The frown on his face turned into a big grin. "Well, his mama and papa are about to get married. Does that still make our son a bastard?"