43. Matty and Frankie meet again and everything is kind of shitty

That morning Frankie ate an açaí bowl for breakfast and drank tea, she then had done  morning meditation and stretches. Wyatt was still asleep in his room and Susan has just woken up, she could tell as she heard soft humming of an old jazz song.

Frankie took a shower and changed into a soft golden dress and white shoes: Today was Sunday and she was about to meet her friends for brunch. She chucked at the thought; before she would probably laugh at the idea of sitting down and eating avocado toast with mimosas, now she craved the drink and was the first to suggest such encounters. All of her friends were going except Todd, he got grounded after the mess they made last weekend at his cabin, not that it really matter -whether he was grounded or not- but he didn't really feel like going out and was using that as an excuse.

She left quietly, not really feeling like talking to her mom or Harry that morning. She walked slowly taking in the warmth of the sun on her face feeling the heat on her collar bones and shoulders. They were meeting in a small place close to her house that an old Italian lady called Carmenza was running.

She entered the place scanning the room only to find most of her friends sitting in the corner of the restaurant. Gerard was drinking black coffee and drawing what Frankie figured out was the shadow of a young boy with Amber watching every stroke playing with her bubblegum haired braid. Alex was humming softly looking at the menu, both Sarah and Rebecca were giggling among themselves giving each other soft kisses here and there. Frankie wanted to barf, many things had changed but she's still hated coupley things. Ugh gross.

Matty was just waking up as Frankie was catching up with her friends. He has just arrived to London the night before, the tour was officially over and they were about to start recording the next album. He was excited.

He was also tired with shaking hands and bangs under his eyes. His friends were starting to notice and he was starting to lie more and things were just going to shit. He knew that.

Louis, Adam, George, Rome, Ross, Denise, Tim, fucking Gabby they  were all done with his bullshit. There was nothing much he could do know, he was dazing and he could see how everything was slipping through his fingers.

He was laying in bed with a joint in hand, his house had turned grim and his potted plants were dead. All of those months in the road didn't really let him maintain the house. Allen was sat next to him almost like he knew what the fuck was going on.

Matty decided to go elsewhere maybe breathing fresh air would calm his nerves so quickly he put on a pair of jeans and a designer shirt that he didn't really know here he got it from.

He drove for a while without any particular destination just kind of aimlessly driving like a  ghost. He somehow ended up in the other side of town, he's stomach growled, he was in fact quite hungry, he was used to not feeling hunger at all- the drugs helped him with that- but now his stomach was making unholy noises and his head was aching.

So Matty parked his too expensive car quickly and walking into the busy street settling on a small restaurant that served all kinds of baked goods. All he wanted was a muffin.

Frankie was with Alex after all of their friends left because they had things to do so she ended up with the "rapper" in a small bakery downtown in a street that she hated.

The place wasn't her cup of tea, it looked straight out of Zoella's mind with quinoa recipes  and gluten free pancakes but she dealt with it because   their sprinkle cookies were amazing.

Alex was showing Frankie music on his laptop. Truth be told he wasn't a bad artist he was a mix of Blackbear and a white version of xxxtentacion and honestly she didn't know wether that was a bad thing or not.

He was really sweet.

When Frankie met Alex they were the only ones sober in a house party and they bonded over their love for comics, streetfashion and Mugler of all things. The first time she met the guy she hadn't expected to like him, actually she hated his guts right away with his chains, thrifted jackets and painted nails, it was weird he looked just like an eboy from tiktok.

All Frankie wanted were some cookies however she didn't expect to see Matty Healy walking into the shop, his hair was longer he looked skinnier and had more tattoos.