⌜ end ⌟

the fanart, im—

"are the kids asleep?"

nodding his head, donghyuck smiled after hearing his husband's voice. ❝they are, and i miss you.

mark was out on a two-week business trip outside the country and donghyuck couldn't come as he wanted to stay and take care of the kids. mark planned to bring the kids for donghyuck to tag along but they had school. "i miss you too love, and i'm now driving home."

take care.

"i will." a fake sob was then heard from the other line that made donghyuck chuckle. "you don't know how hard it was with jaemin."

donghyuck's position being mark's secretary has been long replaced the moment a baby girl came to their family. mark didn't even try to look for a secretary and hold an interview, one had always been ready to work for him again and that was jaemin. mark hesitated to accept jaemin back to the company as he knew what that guy is like but ended being forced to apply him back because of donghyuck.

come on, it shouldn't be that bad.

a laugh was heard from the other line, "i'm the ceo but he ended up being the one entertaining the others while i got left out and ended up sitting at a corner."

it's jaemin, he's social, he talks to anyone.❞ donghyuck said, eyes finding somethinn familiar under the coffee table in front of him.

"hm, true." a long sigh was heard before mark spoke again. "it's better than you entertaining them, you know how jealous i can get."

not like i have the guts to talk to them.❞ leaning back from the sofa, donghyuck checked the time and pouted at how late it is already. ❝i'm ending the call now.

"but i still want to hear your voice." mark whined from the phone and made donghyuck scrunch his nose at the adult who's trying to sound cute.

pausing for a good few seconds, a sly smile was shown on donghyuck. the tanned male looked back to see if their son or daughter came out their shared room and went back to his phone. ❝i'll make sure to sing for you the moment you get home.❞ he said with the volume of his voice sounding like a whisper. ❝real loud.

not really sure if it was possible, or maybe the room is just too quiet to make it possible, but donghyuck somehow heard mark gulping. "be there in ten minutes."

donghyuck's chuckle then echoed around the four corners in the living room. ❝be safe love, don't drive too fast.

the two exchanged their 'i love you's before donghyuck ended the call. standing up from the sofa, donghyuck took the photo album he had found under the coffee table at the living room. the kids probably got it and forgot to return it back. he made his way to the kitchen and placed the photo album down the kitchen counter as he went to get a glass of water.