Chapter 1

"Unhand me you bastards!"  I snarled as I was dragged into the room by two armed guards.  "I swear to god I will make sure you both hang for this!"

      "Quite the mouth you got on you there little lady." an amused male voice sounded causing my head to turn in their direction. 

    "King Sejin."  I said in shock.  The king gave the  guards a nod in turn they released the vise grip they had on my arms.

    "I'm not sure why you are  so surprised my dear, or so distressed.  It's an honor to be chosen for the Collection.  You're parents were thrilled when I had them notified that you had been approved."  sighed the king.

    "My apologies you Majesty...I was not informed of anything other than being taken from my living quarters in our manor and brought here."  was all I could muster to say.  I felt embarrassed...but also confused.   The Collection was the groups of young women for whom the king chose as potential brides for his son(s).  The princes' had been trying to put off the Collection for as long as they could, but this year the king decided that it was time for them to start settling down.  After the death of his first wife he didn't push his sons towards marriage, but now with his remarriage to Queen Minseo things changed.  I had no idea that my parents applied me to be in the Collection.  To be in the Collection you were hand picked by the king.  It was a an honor to be chosen for consideration.  Kings, Lords, Dukes, and all other royalties and noblemen would petition for their daughters to be taken into consideration.  If the daughters were accepted as part of the Collection then they were shipped off to live at the Palace with the Royal Family of Bangtan so that the princes' could get to know the ladies and make their choices...It was always a great event whenever the Collection was narrowed and it go closer to the Choosing Ceremony.  I remember attending the choosing ceremony for the King's youngest brother when I was very young.  It had been a huge celebration and festival followed by a ball in the Royal Hall.  

     "These are you're new quarters that you will be living in during your stay here in the Palace during your time in the Collection.  You may be moved based on if you are found in favor of one of my sons or when you are dismissed from the court."  Informed the king.  "This here is Ms. Yumi.  She will be your personal head maid an attendant.  She is here to serve and aid you in anyway you need.  If you have any questions she will answer them.  I must be off to go attend to another guest for the Collection.  All of you should be settled in by tomorrow morning when we have our first meeting and you will be presented to the Princes'.  Good day."  The king left the room, flanked by the two guards that had brought me in.  I was left there in shock with Ms. Yumi, who was a girl maybe a bit older than I was.  

     "How many of us are there?"  I asked as I turned to Yumi, trying to get over my shock.

"Well since the king is catering to all four of the princes' there are 12 ladies in total, including yourself, Lady (y/n)."  she replied formally causing me to cringe a little.  I hated being addressed formally when it wasn't in public.  

    "When we are not in public you can refer to me as (y/n).  You don't have to call me Lady (y/n)."  I told her softly.  I could see a small smile tug on her lips.

     "Yes, La...I mean (y/n).  You can call me Yumi.  As the king said I am here as your attendant if you need anything I will do it."  she informed me. 

    "Uh...well what do you know about the princes'?  I don't even know their names.  I wasn't really expecting to be involved in this otherwise I would've done my own research."  I admitted sheepishly causing an amused smile to form on her lips.  I went and sat down on my bed before she sat down on one of the chairs in the room...after I motioned for her to sit.  

     "Well the 1st Prince, the oldest is named Seokjin.  He's know around the kingdom for his handsome looks.  From what I've heard from some of the other maids he's usually with his father as he is the next most likely candidate as the next king.  Whoever he chooses out of the selection will most likely be the next Queen.  The 2nd Prince, is Prince Namjoon.  He's a most studious fellow.  I've seen him a few times in passing and he is usually spending his time out in the gardens or in the library with his friend and college Lord Yoongi...Who you will also probably meet since Lord Yoongi is Queen Minseo's nephew."  added Yumi.  I nodded for her to keep going as I soaked in every word she was saying.  I had to be able figure something out by what I wanted to do before tomorrow when I would be presented before these men as a prize to be won.

    "The 3rd Prince is Prince Taehyung.  He is the King's youngest son of his first wife.  Prince Taehyung is a bit strange I've heard, but usually is out playing with the 4th Prince, Queen Minseo's son, Prince Jimin.  Prince Jimin was the son of her previous husband who died in battle when Jimin was a infant.  Prince Jimin...I actually don't know much about him other than that he is usually with Prince Taehyung and when they are not together his is with Lord Jungkook who is one of their close friends."  she explained.  

     "So in your honest opinion...if you had to choose any of the princes' to be the next king...who would you choose?  Prince Seokjin?" I asked in all seriousness.  "Please be honest.  I am not looking to get you in trouble."

   "I...personally I have only met Prince Namjoon and from what I've encountered with him I think that he'd make a good king...but I haven't met the other princes'  I usually am with the other ladies as a maid or occasionally with the princess."  replied Yumi nervously.

    "The princess, you mean Princess Mi-rae?"  I asked interested.  "What is she like?"  

"Quiet, but I don't blame her being betrothed to Hoseok."  giggled Yumi.

     "Hoseok?"  I asked confused.  I really didn't know much about the Bangtan Kingdom...because I was initially from the Simjang Kingdom.  My parents recently moved over here and I guess I know now that it was because they wanted to enter me into the Collection and it wasn't just for my dad's position.

     "Lord Hoseok is her fiancé.  He's very boisterous.  Likes to laugh and be silly, which is good for Mi-rae since she used to be more reserved before meeting him.  They also tend to hang out around the other Princes."  explained Yumi.  I nodded as I was lost in thought trying to figure out how I should approach tomorrow.

    "Yumi...what am I going to wear tomorrow?"  I finally asked.  Yumi's eyes lit up.

"Oh my goodness, I almost forgot!  We need to take you to the tailor's immediately!  They'll get started on the perfect dress  for the presentation to the Princes'."  exclaimed Yumi as she clapped her hands together and got to her feet.   

     "No time to waste.  Lets go."  she urged.  I couldn't help but feel a little bit of excitement seep into me...maybe this wouldn't be so bad.  I might as well take advantage.