Stuck

Prompt: Clara gets stuck in another world (the Doctor was too busy trying to escape and he accidentally left Clara behind) and so it is up to him to save Clara before it's too late. Sent in by Clarawhoo. Plese enjoy!

********

They were running. Again. And as always, the Doctor hadn't really been paying attention. Clara wasn't behind him when he entered the TARDIS, and she definitely wasn't in the TARDIS when the Doctor left. So now the Doctor was panicking, because he didn't know where she was and there was no way to know.

Clara was alone; all alone. She refused to cry as she stood up and brushed the rubble off of her dress. The Doctor had left her here to die, so she was going to die. She knew she couldn't save herself, and she had no way to get home, so running was only procrastinating what she knew would come. Death. She wasn't exactly excited about it, but it was better than the alternative: running her entire life and ultimately still being killed by whatever it was that was chasing her.

She felt a tear slip down her cheek as she sat back down and smoothed out her dress. She was stil trying not to cry, but that was becoming increasingly harder to accomplish. She was terrified.

She listened as the creatures that had been after them came around the corner, and she kept whispering to herself, "It'll be okay. It'll be over soon. Do not cry. Do not cry."

The creatures stopped in front of her. She looked up to see them standing there, unmoving.

"What the hell..." Clara muttered, standing up. They had just...stopped. Clara dared to reach out and poke one.

It felt like metal, and Clara noticed that they were hot. Maybe it was armor? She reached out, faster this time, and poked the metal again. It was cooler ths time. They had shut down, and now they were cooling off from the heat of being used. At least, that's the only explanation that she could logically think of. Clara took this oppurtunity to slowly turn and run the other direction.

As she rounded the corner, she heard a voice shout, "Clara!"

It was the Doctor. She sighed in relief. He could save her. "Doctor!"

"Oh my Clara...I am so sorry, I thought you were on the TARDIS when I left," he rushed when he met up with her. This excuse was met with a slap.

"Well, I wasn't. So maybe I want to go home, because if you can't keep track of whether or not I'm behind you, it seriously brings into question your ability to navigate through time and space," Clara said. She showed no emotion on her face.

"Clara, I would never do that on purpose. It was an ACCIDENT. We all make them, right?"

"Yes. But you've made to many. So home. Now."

"Clara..." and this was met with another slap.

"Don't. I can't trust you if you leave me behind and then tell me that you lie all the time, and THEN go on to tell me that secrets protect us. Secrets only protect us from our enemies; not our friends. So am I the enemy?" Clara said, spewing all of her feelings about the Doctor's lying in the few sentences that she promised herself that she would never say.

"Of course not. I keep secrets because if I didn't, people would come after you. And I don't know about you, but I don't like to put the people I love into harm's way," the Doctor said, cupping Clara's cheek with his hand. "I do everything I can to protect you."

"I jumped into your timestream for god's sake and that's all I get? I do everything I can to protect you, becase the world needs you. I'm one human being, whose biggest accomplishment in life is getting through University with straight A's. I never want you to try and protect me again if it'll hurt you because the world needs you Doctor; it doesn't need me."

"I need you," he said.

"No, you need someone to travel with you. You can always find another."

"No. I need you, Clara Oswald."

Clara looked up, and smiled when she saw his eyes. They looked truthful.The creatures whirred back to life just then, and the pair dashed back to the TARDIS, this time taking both of them to safety.

"So, do you still want to go home?" he asked her, hoping she would say no.

"I think maybe a few more nights," Clara smlied. The Doctor knew that that meant she was staying.

"Okay."

********

Hey! That's it this time, dear reader. I'm still wading through prompts, and I'm almost done with all of the one's that have been currently submitted. As always, please vote, comment, follow, and send in those prompts! I need them!