CHAPTER 29

Ruby St. Clair's POV

"For a woman who just asks her husband for a divorce you kind of look miserable, Ruby St. Clair."

I looked up from the food I'm cooking to see my twin sister studying me from the kitchen counter. Was she standing next to me for quite some time now? I didn't even notice her come here in the kitchen. I looked away from her querying eyes. "I don't know what you mean, Em. And for the record, I'm anything but miserable to tell you the truth I am beyond happy that we're finally in the process of divorcing."

"Yeah, I can tell," Emerald said sarcastically. "I hate to break this news to you but I had enough of your cooking since you came back a week ago you've been feeding me if not burnt—tasteless food. My poor stomach has its limit."

My eyes widened at her accusation. "I don't do such things."

Emerald smiled apologetically in my direction. "Sorry to inform you this, sis. But since you came back here with your luggage and swollen eyes you're never been the same."

"I'm sorry," I said, fighting back the moisture in my eyes. I could see that my vision was starting to blur again with unwanted tears. "Just a few more days and I will look for my own apartment and I will leave you in peace. I'm sure the last thing you want is to babysit your divorce twin sister."

She had the nerve to roll her eyes at me. "Oh, stop being dramatic. This house is big enough for the two of us. Heck, do you think I will complain now about sharing my house with you when we shared mom's womb for nine months?"

Despite the tears, I've been fighting off. I couldn't help but smile at her reasoning. "Since when did you develop that tart tongue of yours? I don't remember you being this sarcastic in the past."

She gave me an irritated look. "Since I was a force to be in the company of a certain Khalil Al-Farsi on few occasions, Ruby."

"Why you can't get along with him? He's a nice person." I commented, remembering the few occasions I had the chance to talk to him.

"He's anything but nice, sis," Emerald replied in an irritated tone. "If you claim that he's nice then maybe we are talking to a different person here." I was about to reply when she added. "Enough of that man or it will ruin my day early this morning. Let's talk about your status instead."

I looked away from her knowing gaze. "There's nothing to talk about."

"I beg to disagree." My twin sister contradicted, tucked her hands in the middle of her chest. "Why don't you hear your husband's explanation first before making a harsh decision? I'm sure he has a valid reason why he chooses to team up with granddad. Jesus, you even shut Daniel in your life. I'm not saying that they don't have a fault in this mess but can you hear them out first?"

I threw an acid glare in her direction. "Are you taking up their side then?"

Emerald raised her hands slightly upward. "Chill, I'm on your side. I know you must feel betrayed when you heard them talking about how they manipulate you like a puppet but you need to be logical here and hear their side of the story."

"Em..."

"I know this is hard for you as of now I am not rushing you to take your time but please sooner or later hear them out before deciding to shut Roman and granddad out of your life forever."

I was silent for a moment. When I left Roman's apartment last week I immediately went to Emerald's penthouse since I have nowhere else to go. My initial thought was to run away again from New York and travel elsewhere but I don't have the energy to do that at the moment. Thankfully, Emerald welcomed me with open arms.