t w e n t y

"BRO, HOW SICK is it having a girl in the dorm?" Brad Hastings questions as he sits on the floor, his elbows rested on the top of the stained wooden coffee table and his textbook open out in front of him

"BRO, HOW SICK is it having a girl in the dorm?" Brad Hastings questions as he sits on the floor, his elbows rested on the top of the stained wooden coffee table and his textbook open out in front of him. His roommate, Henry nodded as he glanced up from furiously writing down a few equations. 

"Hell yeah." He agrees, "Plus she's the only one who knows how to work the washing machine." 

Everyone in the room laughs and nods in agreement. What started as Noah and I studying in the common room had turned into a full blown lecture by myself; Professor Hayden. Some boys had changed the pool table into an makeshift studying table and others were scattered around the room either on the floor of the mismatched chairs. 

I barely had time to study because I was too busy helping other people with their work. I didn't mind though because it was kind of like a mini test for myself. Also a damn test of my patience with some of the questions they were asking, half of them were not even remotely related to their study topic. 

I move my book from my lap and stand up from my position squished between Noah and Levi. I fix the waist of my jeans before turning back to the two guys, "I'm going to get a drink, make sure no one takes my spot." 

"But what if I don't know how to multiply two numbers together!" Noah whines with an adorable pout. Even though Noah was older than me, he constantly reminded me of a cute little eight year old boy. 

"Just ask Levi." I gesture lazily to Levi. Noah rotates his gaze slowly from me to Levi and then back to me. 

"But you're so much better at it!" He argues as Levi grunts, offended. 

"Yeah, keep that up and you'll just be a strange smell in the janitor's closet." Levi smirks evilly at Noah as he flinches back, slightly startled. I laugh at the two best friends before quickly making my escape. I walk through the double doors and down the long corridor to the stairs, almost running into someone who was coming down. 

"Oh, Hayden!" Luke greets, kind of chock that I almost bulldozed him over. 

"Hey Luke." I smile as I nervously play with the sleeves of my black sweater. I step up onto the step and press my back against the wall, facing Luke who was leaning back against the wooden bannister, looking handsome as ever. 

"We're still on for Saturday right? You're not planning to be hungover or anything." Luke chuckles as my eyes widen with realisation. 

"Oh shit." I slap myself on the forehead, "I totally forgot." 

Luke's smile falters, "Wait, you are?" 

"No. Oh god, no." I laugh lightly as I brush my hand through the air, "My mom is actually coming up for the weekend and she's bringing my cousin with her. I was going to tell you but then...." 

"But then you forgot." Luke finishes my sentence as I nod, solemnly. Luke then laughs and runs his hand through his sandy blond hair, "Wow, the universe just doesn't want us to be together, does it?"