22.

SeokJin had come to know from Hoseok that Nana had run away from home. He also knew that she knew the truth about her family, about him and her mother. The one thing he had always wanted to shield her from had been exposed and he knew how badly it would affect her.

The moment Hoseok mentioned Ilsan, he had frozen the time around, opened his grand pearl white wings and taken a flight towards where his daughter was. He had to send her back somehow - even though he wasn't sure how we was going to do that without revealing his true identity. He didn't have a plan but he was determined to make sure his daughter was safe.

He had sensed her presence very quickly - it was his own blood after all. She was with Namjoon. SeokJin knew Namjoon. Ever since Nana was young, he had kept a watch on her and on numerous occasions he had seen this cousin take care of her which had made him sure of one thing - Namjoon was going to heaven for his good deeds.

Just as he landed in Ilsan, he saw the duo walking towards the pizza place. He kept an eye on her from a safe distance in another cafe until he spotted a suspicious man staring at Nana from across the street which had made him suddenly alert over any eminent danger.

It was common knowledge that angel halflings were always at a threat because of the legend of the red moon. Even though he didn't believe in it, he didn't want to take chances either.

He had felt a pang of discomfort knowing she was always around Lucifer but it was a bittersweet feeling. At least his presence kept her safe from other demons. Funny, what was with Taehyung and liking the Kang women? First Hwayoung and then Nana. Irrelevant thoughts SeokJin he said to himself and shook his head.

Exiting the pizza place, they went to get ice-cream. Taking it as a cue to leave, he trailed them from a distance. As he saw them go in, he waited outside. The air was suddenly filled with a negative energy. He could almost choke the amount of demon aura around. Freezing the time, he flew to the nearest building to get an ariel view. They were indeed there, probably 30 of them.

Whoever that was behind Nana sent 30 demons to capture that innocent girl? They must really want her.

He watched from a distance everything that happened. The demons chasing Namjoon and Nana. He knew Hoseok and Taehyung were near, he could sense them. Should he wait for them to turn up or save them himself? Doing the latter meant getting himself exposed in front of her. He was in the middle of his thoughts when he heard a blood curling scream. Namjoon was on the ground, blood shattered everywhere and they were now on the verge of attacking Nana.

Guess it was clear to him what he needed to do. Seeing his daughter in danger, it did not even take him a second to jump down to where they were.

———•••———

SeokJin stopped as he spotted Taehyung at a distance. After 22 years he was seeing the man. The devil looked at Nana on the ground, crying and bleeding as she tried to keep Namjoon safe. His eyes then trailed to the demons who were themselves surprised at seeing their king there. They back away immediately knowing very well what the outcome was going to be.

His eyes turned black, faint redness covering his exposed face. His claws grew out and so did his fangs. Fine black patterns formed on his face - 'the lines of shame' as they were called to keep reminding him of his status as a fallen angel. He had developed his full form, something which happened only when he was pissed. Very pissed. And right now, he was fucking mad.

I watched as he transformed right in front of my eyes into something which I had never seen before. He looked scary and completely different from what I had seen on the day I was angry on them and ran away from home. But I was distracted as Hobi came running to us.

He immediately rushed to me "Hobi please save Namjoon. We have to take him to the hospital"

Hoseok looked at the man on the ground struggling. Without even paying attention to the fact that Nana was there, he immediately closed his eyes and said a spell as he placed his hands on the man's chest.

I watched as some magical thing flowed from his hands. Within moments the injuries on Namjoon's face and body started disappearing. I couldn't believe my eyes, Hoseok was one of them. He wasn't human. Just what things were these men keeping from me?

Taehyung locked eyes with Jin. Taking it as his cue to leave, the angel stepped back and took one last look at Nana before disappearing from there. He knew Nana was safe now and that he was no longer needed there.

It just took Taehyung a flick of a finger and the devil minions were dead. A couple tried to run away only to be pulled back towards him and within seconds ripped to shreds. He approached the leader who was gravely injured in the battle against Jin as he laid there.

Taehyung raised him in the air to take a look at his face under the hood.

"Amaredius", an almost disbelieving whisper left his mouth. He was shocked but soon the shock subsided. Amaredius was his brother's trusted second in command. Now it all made sense. It could be only person who could be behind all this. His dear little brother.

Amaredius grabbed his own throat as he felt an invisible pair of hands choke him.

"Where is he?", Taehyung growled. "Where is that fucker? Why does he want a halfling? Does that fool really believe in the legend of the red moon? Is that why he sent you all to fetch Nana?"

The man at question didn't say anything, as he felt the energy slowly leave him.

"I will give you one chance to tell me everything. You know the consequences if you lie"

Everything happened in slow motion. Before Taehyung could do anything, the man bit his ring. A suicide ring - which was filled with poison. Taehyung lunged forward to stop him but Amaredius felt straight to the ground, blood erupting from his mouth as he breathed his last.

"FUCKK", Taehyung cursed at the sight of the dead body. Amaredius was his only chance at finding James and he was now dead.

I stood up as I saw Taehyung fall to his knees. Cautiously I approached him as he was still in his demon form. Seeing him so close made me shiver slightly in fear. I was afraid yet my legs didn't stop moving.

He looked up to meet my eyes and slowly his face changed back to his human one. I bent down, not breaking eye contact. Tears rolled down his eyes as he looked at me and I extended a hand to wipe them.

"I am sorry", he whispered. "I am sorry for everything I said that day. I am sorry..", he said as more tears rolled down his eyes. "It wasn't your fault and it never will be"

I don't know what had taken into me as I flung myself on him, hugging him tightly as I cried softly. Taehyung's hands immediately caught hold of Nana's body as he pulled the girl closer to him.

"You are a fool", he said to me. "I said some stupid words and you ran away from home like an idiot. Haven't I told you a hundred times not to trust the devil.."

I cried as I hid my face in the crook of his neck. "I am the reason that my mother died.."

"Hwayoung did not die because of you. She died because of her own wish. I am sorry I made you think that. I am sorry..", he said as he hugged me tightly, caressing the small of my back as I continued to sob.

"You all don't hate me?", my voice was a little unsure.

"No one could hate you. I don't and nor does Grandpa. That day...", he halted before he spoke again. "Was Hwayoung's birthday. She would have turned 42"

Now it all made sense. Why both Grandpa and him were in such a low mood. Why they both cried their heart out at the mention of my mother. I had rubbed salt into their already open wounds by asking them about her.

"Come back Nana, Let's go home. Grandpa is worried", he said softly.

I parted a little from him and looked at the ground. I didn't know if I wanted to go home. I didn't know if I could face him or face the humiliation of my actions.

"Please..", his voice broke a little and I looked up to meet his watery eyes. I nodded softly and they sparkled a little.

I lost myself in his eyes and in that very moment, I felt something within me. A spark of some sort ; A foreign feeling which made me feel like I had started liking Taehyung slowly.