Chapter 14

Killua scanned the area that he and the Elric brothers had just entered.
"This library really is only for State Alchemists," Alphonse stated, "But Mustang-san said that nobody should be here at this time."
They were at the other library now, not the one that was burnt to the ground.
Edward snapped his pocket watch shut, "And he's right."
Killua shrugged, "So what're you guys looking for?"
"Ways to help ya," Ed cracked open an old book, then blew off the dust, "Since ya went out to Roy's place last night, figured ya would need more help than what he's already gonna do for ya."
"He told you?" Killua glared at the entrance, Che. Figured as much.
"Don't worry, Killua-san," Al placed a book in the boy's hands, "There's something that might actually help you."
Edward finally looked up from the book and narrowed his eyes ever-so slightly, "It's called the Truth."
"The what-now?" Killua glanced at one brother to the other, as he just finished skimming the page about the law of equivalent exchange.
"The philosopher's stone doesn't follow the law of equivalent exchange," Alphonse added, "Every single one we've come across was a fake."
"What does that have to do with this Truth thing?"
"When we tried to bring our mother back to life-"
"-Sorry, you what?" 
"Just listen, you asshole," Ed shot out in annoyance, then resumed his story, "When we tried to use alchemy to bring our mother back, I saw something."
Killua didn't say anything, even though it wasn't making much sense to him.
Ed put a hand to his automail, "When I had to get Al's soul back, I saw the Truth."
Killua furrowed his eyebrows, what the f*ck.
"There was a gate and I had been shown things that quickly brought light to the things that had always been in the dark," Edward held out his hands, palms up, "And there's a way to kill your family."
*^*^*^*^*
"No shit," Killua sighed, scratching his head, "They're not immortal."
"No no," Alphonse frowned, "We mean that we can help arrest your family."
Killua shook his head, "It's either kill them or be killed," he slammed both his pale hands into his pockets, "Anyways, what did you learn from the Truth."
Ed cleared his throat before he spoke, "We just have to bind their souls to armour."
Killua immediately eyed Alphonse, "Oh hell no."
"Why not?" Edward glared.
"Think about ittt,"  Killua jabbed a finger to the blond's head, "If your brother can use alchemy without even having a physical body, then my family could use nen," he held out both hands weighing the options, "Then, they'd also be immortal."
Edward nodded his head, "It would take a while to bind the souls, plus we wouldn't be able to restrain them for that long, right?"
Killua let out a breath, "I'm glad you understand."
"Then," Edward met Killua's cold stare, "We need a Philosopher's stone."
*^*^*^*^*
They were surrounded by piles and piles of books and journals, and Killua was about to call it quits when he heard Alphonse in the next mountain over, "Even though the one we make will be fake, I don't see how we can make one."
Killua shrugged, "Beats me," he licked his finger, and turned a water stained page, "I guess we could just kill some people, right?"
Ed popped up from the pile he was buried in, "Hell no," he barely got his chin to the top, before yelling over that they will not be murdering anyone— by any means.
"Okay, but," Killua put up a finger to identify the problem, "Isn't the stone made of human souls?" He was confused by what they were trying to do still, as their alchemy was far different than nen.
Alphonse nodded, "Technically."
Edward flung a book at Al's head, "Don't tell the kid anything! Not until I figure it out."
"I'm taller than you, chibi," Killua smirked.
"Right now, my only concern is that you don't kill anyone," Ed disappeared behind the monstrous pile of books again, not resurfacing again for a while.
Killua kept on reading, trying to figure out a way to create a stone without the souls, but with his little knowledge of alchemy, it was nearly impossible.
Ed came back with his younger brother trailing behind him, and with a huge grin plastered on his face, he spoke, "I have a plan."
Killua looked between the two Elric brothers.
"We're not killing anyone, so no stone," Ed elbowed Al, "But," the blond sent Killua an all-knowing look, "We have connections."
Killua frowned, "And so do I... if joining forces with you was your plan, it was literally mine from day one."
"No, you don't understand," Edward huffed, "Where have you been so far? While looking for a way to end your family?"
Alphonse saw Killua's eyebrows furrow, "We know you've had to gone to other countries, 'cause no one would be that serious about the Philosopher's stone if they hadn't run out of other options."
Killua ruffled his white hair, then sighed, "You're right," he smiled, but it was one that didn't reach his eyes, "I can't do it alone."
"It's okay to ask for help," Alphonse said, leaning over to pat Killua on the shoulder, but instead, Edward beat his brother to it, and grabbed Killua's shoulder harder than he needed to.
Ed looked to the white haired boy, and smiled a malicious grin, "Then beg."
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Hey!!
I've read your comments!! And with that, I realized that I hadn't updated in a longggg while, so here's another chapter! I'm going to hopefully post another one on Sunday!! :)
Watch out for it!!
Also!! Thanks for making me motivated to write!! Please continue to comment!
~mycatWalter