Chapter 43 Should You Depend On Me?

Ember and Jack sat in a herbarium, under a marble dome-like shelter where a small, rounded glass table adored the marble chairs. Ember took a sip of his lavender tea while Jack looked around at the growing floaige, "I see Loraine still likes studying plants and all,"
"He's just eccentric,"
Jack laughed, "Surely, he has some old soul interest. Piano and plants,"

Ember nodded as he he took another sip and kept the cup down, "Remember that time I got my surgery done?" He looked at Jack.
"That isn't very easy to forget. Your conversion disorder, huh?"
"There wasn't anything physically wrong with me, I just felt like there is, but all the tests said otherwise,"

"But we fixed you," Jack smiled.
"You did," Ember smiled, "But, it has come back. You told me it'll come back,"
"Mental disorders tend to come back when something triggering happens,"
"I do not know what triggered it but," Ember looked down at his fingers, "It's starting to hurt again,"

"Your stomach?"
"And my legs too this time,"
"Oh, it has spread," Jack said.
"Yes, it seems so," Ember laughed, "I can't do normal everything things comfortably anymore,"

Jack looked at him, 
"Can you make it go away again, Jack?"
"Therapy should do it, but I can't say anything before examining you,"
Ember smiled, "It's the same problems coming back to me,"
He looked at his watch,

"Oh, time for class!" He got up and Jack looked at him,
"Class?"
"I attend an economics class nearby,"
"Why?"Jack laughed, "You've already finished your schooling, you don't need it,"
"I do, actually, I like going there,"
"Why? Some crush or something,"

"You know me too well,"
He laughed, "Okay, wait, I'll accompany you. I want to see her,"
"Sure,"
Ember and Jack got into the car and Chuck began driving. They were sitting and chatting when the car stopped at a traffic light and Jack looked outside. He saw an old in white kurta and dhoti, a colourful turban and walking with a stick in hands, following a flock of sheep.

"Wow! Ember what is that?!" Jack asked as he tucked Ember's shirt.
"It's called a turban. It's an article of traditional clothing in India, probably Rajasthan...I'm not sure," Ember explained.
Jack got down and ran off towards the man wearing the turban.
"Oh, God! This idiot!" Ember got down the car and followed him, but he was surrounded by sheep. This is what happens when every species falls for you. Jac went ahead smoothly, but the sheep won't let Ember pass.

"Namaste~ How do you do?" Jack said, in his native Miami accent. The man just nodded his head. He had a timid frame and brutally tanned skin. He was surrounded by a drove of sheep, a shepherd maybe. He had a big moustache and no beard.

"Sir, can you tell me where I can get that thing on your head?" Jack asked.
He just smiled and nodded his head.
"Wonderful! Where can I get it?" Jack asked and Ember reached closer to him by then.
"He can't get what you're saying. He doesn't understand English," 

"Should I talk in Hindi?" Jack asked.
"You know Hindi?" Ember asked.
"Thora thora, I know. Excuse me, kahan can we k-kharrid this haiwan like aap?"
Ember laughed as he covered his mouth. The man seemed angry and said something to Jack. After he was gone, Jack asked Ember what he was saying.

"In short, get lost, cunt" Ember laughed as they moved back towards the car.
"Did I say something wrong?"
"You wanna know? You just asked where can we buy a demon like him,"
"Hindi fails, warning; sexy! Cops called!"
"Your Hindi is pathetic, especially the grammar. Don't you know? In Hindi, we put the verb after the object"

"What?"
"Yeah, like, if you wanna say- Can I eat the dinner, then in Hindi, the order changes to 'Can I dinner eat?'"
"This is so damn confusing! And if I wanna say 'you look sexy'?"
"Sexy is 'Kamukh' in Hindi or what people usually use is 'patola' but that isn't a Hindi word," Ember explained.