8. My Milkshake Brings...

"What do you think about going to Paris next weekend?"

"Paris?" Lana and Ella are taken aback from the sudden travel plan.

"Yeah." I type in another destination. "What about Rome? Maybe Dublin?" The bright screen and I are eye-to-eye as I research.

"Dublin?"

"Barcelona?" I add another tab to the collection. "Oooo Madrid. Oh, my God. Yes." I sit up after realizing how low I sunk on the couch.

"Uhh..." Ella pulls my screen back as I disrupt her peaceful dinner. "Angel, where's this coming from?"

"You don't want to go to these places?" I take a glance of her and Lana. Lana's collecting noodles around her chopsticks before looking at me.

"Yes, but-"

"But what? We've been here for months and all we do is work and watch Netflix."

"I like Netflix," Lana says still trying to get the noodles to reach her mouth before they fall.

"Don't you want to see Europe? You guys were so geeked about coming out here, but we haven't done anything. London is great, but this is a trial." I look at Ella, who directs the attention to Lana.

"I already said I was staying." Lana stands by her decision.

"We need to travel," I tell them.

"This weekend, I'll be over Avery's place. She's having her baby shower. I don't know if I'll be able to get off work next weekend." Ella says as she fluffs out her natural hair.

"My parents are moving here and we're going to shop around. I'll have to get back to you on that one."

"Dammit." I sigh as I click through my open tabs. One by one, I exit my wishful thinking.

"Wow, someone is feeling adventurous." Ella crosses her arms. I'm not sure if she's surprised or proud. Maybe both.

"Time is going fast."

"Have you spoke to Lowry about staying?" Lana questions my future.

"I haven't, because I haven't decided."

"Sounds like you're planning to leave," Ella expresses her concern.

"I do miss New York," I admit with an unapologetic shrug.

"Leave her alone. She still has time to decide. No pressure Angel. We both understand that coming out here was a huge step for you. Right, Ella?" Lana looks at her as they sit on the floor.

"She knows that," Ella tells Lana. "We're very proud of you. This was a leap." She taps my thigh.

"Thank you. I needed this."

"We should travel." Ella agrees before taking a bite from her plate.

"We'll get something together." Lana taps her chopsticks together. "Who ate the last dumpling?" She looks around as I sit my Mac aside.

"Not me." I reach over Ella's head for the chow mein noodles.

"Ella?" Lana sees that her eyes are wandering and wide. "I called it!" Her teal polished nails pinch Ella's cheeks for her to open her mouth. There it is, Lana's dumpling. "You greedy bitch."

"It was getting cold. Maybe you should stop talking so damn much." She says with a full mouth. I cover it for her.

I've been enjoying the cost-efficient route and brewing my own coffee. I even bought an espresso machine. I nearly killed myself with that thing, but it's been worth it. Call me a barista, because your girl has been making her own lattes as well.