Another Chance

Sometime after Charlie was cured and able to walk on her own, the duo was told rather surprising news about Peter.

Gamora tagged along when Nova Prime and Corpsman Dry summoned the couple.

Entering into the office, Peter's body scan, health report and criminal record was displayed on a screen for them.

"Evening," Nova Prime greeted.

"Hello.." Peter said suspiciously.

"We found something interesting about you. We thought you may like to know," Nova Prime said.

"Please continue," Charlie said.

"When we captured you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system," Dey explained, "We had it checked out."

Charlie squinted at the projection, reading for anything unusual. At the category of species, her eyebrows raised with surprise.

Breathlessly, Charlie said, "Honey, you're not Terran."

"He's half-Terran," Nova Prime corrected, "His mother was of Earth. His father is something ancient that we haven't seen before."

"That's probably why you were able to hold the stone as long as you did," Gamora mused.

The office doors slid open, revealing Drax, Rocket and Groot in a pot following a Corpsman. With the entire group present, Nova Prime clapped her hands together.

"On behalf of the Nova Corps, we would like to express our profound gratitude," Nova Prime said, "If you'll follow Denarian Dey, we've got something to offer you."

Charlie locked her fingers with Peter as they trailed behind Dey. She had a smile on her face, bigger than usual, making Peter raise an eyebrow.

"What's up with you, silly girl?" He asked.

"I didn't think we'd survive," Charlie admitted, "I'm glad we're here. Together."

Peter glanced down at his girlfriend. Twenty six years together and they hadn't murdered each other yet.. Maybe the rest of their lives would work out that way too.

Peter Quill was never a nervous man, but in Charlie's presence, his insides turned to mush.

"You know.. Charlie Quill doesn't sound too bad.." Peter casually tried.

He mentally cursed himself. He had a strong feeling his legacy was going to be the having proposal in the galaxy.

Charlie rolled her eyes. She took a second to sound out the name, shrugging.

"It's a perfect name. Why? You thinking about marrying me?"

"I'm just saying," Peter said, "Me, you, and some space babies.."

Charlie nodded to the Guardians behind them. "I don't know if you've noticed, honey, but we've already got some kids."

Laughing, he wiggled her hand. "So what's your answer?"

"To your shitty proposal?" She questioned, tilting her head, "You're a dweeb. But.. You are my dweeb, so it's a yes."

Peter kissed the side of her head. "That's my girl."

The two shared a smile before turning their attention to the vessel in front of them. Looking just as brand new as the day they claimed it, the Milano shone brightly.

"My baby!" Charlie cried at the same time that Peter yelled, "My other girl!"

Corpsman Dey chuckled at the couple. "We scavenged as much as we could."